Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bonnet insulation

fourbanks

7 minutes ago, dee123456 said:

I test drove the GR sport because i remember the HUD, which i didn't like at all. I just found it very distracting and i actually turned it off. Yes, i always tell people "you get what you pay for" No harm in asking for what you want, the worst that can happen is they say no.

Overall, the car is good, but that's not to say cut corners. If i were the chief executive, it most certainly would have the insulation as standard. Not the rubbish today from other manufactures that's being sold off to the buyer with 3 cylinders and a booster, can you believe just to save money what rubbish. i'm old school, where all cars 2.5 and over sounded like today's electric just a hum and that's all. What's happened today is that people will except anything and not complain. Having said that, no chief executive of a large business would have a clue anyhow on how his business functions, good or bad. 

The person on the line in Derby should stop the production and say to the line manager where the insulation mat i'm a piece missing that's what the likes of myself would do, and not put up with this type of nonsense. My daughter, a good example, working for the government and being in the Westminster bubble only to say to me after 4 years dad their rubbish on all levels and am off to Australia same job happy very happy treated very well. And that's how you do it. i'm from the establishment retired so i knew they were rubbish, but it's important to get the education and get to work in that environment, so you make your own decision very important that 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

The person on the line in Derby should stop the production and say to the line manager where the insulation mat i'm a piece missing that's what the likes of myself would do.

No the person on the line wont stop it as nothing is wrong.

Each vehicle ordered is built to an exact specification & kit of parts stipulated by Toyota - if Toyota says that vehicle order doesn't have an insulation mat then guess what, it wont get one fitted as it trundles down the line. 

• Like 1

If I mention Parts King will it link it???

Tyre repair kit, another load of rubbish, so that's another extra for the customer to find. i see Toyota on eBay are doing very well with parts 

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

Tyre repair kit, another load of rubbish, so that's another extra for the customer to find. i see Toyota on eBay are doing very well with parts 

Tyre repair kits are supplied by a lot of various vehicle manufacturers for two reasons.

1) Weight saving helps with lower emissions & improves mpg. 

2) A lot of younger persons just don't have the necessary life skills to safely change a wheel. 

The amount of vehicles that arrive at my local garage with a puncture that end up having to buy a new tyre due to the internal structure being destroyed isn't surprising these days. A lot of driver's just don't stop & arrive on a totally flat tyre, even vehicles that have a spare wheel included. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, forkingabout said:

Tyre repair kits are supplied by a lot of various vehicle manufacturers for two reasons.

1) Weight saving helps with lower emissions & improves mpg. 

2) A lot of younger persons just don't have the necessary life skills to safely change a wheel. 

The amount of vehicles that arrive at my local garage with a puncture that end up having to buy a new tyre due to the internal structure being destroyed isn't surprising these days. A lot of driver's just don't stop & arrive on a totally flat tyre, even vehicles that have a spare wheel included. 

You can see those often on motorways around London 🛞🫢 I have seen even people driving in completely smashed cars after a heavy accidents. 

3 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

You can see those often on motorways around London 🛞🫢 I have seen even people driving in completely smashed cars after a heavy accidents. 

This DROVE to the garage earlier this week - any sensible person would have had it recovered. 

IMG-20220517-WA0000.jpg

• Haha 4

I'm impressed they managed to move that under its own power at all. Real wheel drive has its advantages I suppose.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, fourbanks said:

You make a good point. All i was after was the HUD and that's all. As for the rest of the car to me, they're all the same, so i was stuck. It wasn't a problem i have a good dealer i paid £26000 so that's the bottom line in life you pay less you get less it's a fact of life and always has been. Having said that i still would have liked the bonnet insulation and am sure my dealer will give it to me if asked, nicely but if not will purchase it 

My dealer says sorry and will be fitting it for free as expected 

19 hours ago, TazUddin said:

Whos Kingo? Could you pop a link please. My 1.8 hybrid design doesn't have insulation under the bonnet either 😞

I'm here 🙋‍♂️

A new insulation pad and clips will cost you £200 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fourbanks said:

My dealer says sorry and will be fitting it for free as expected 

Lol, you are lucky and save £200 quit 👌💸

33 minutes ago, Parts-King said:

I'm here 🙋‍♂️

A new insulation pad and clips will cost you £200 

thanks 🙂 

6 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

As much as that 😲 i told the head of Toyota team in head office that i wasn't happy and gave the reason as it is a heat pad not a sound pad. Its design is to protect the bonnet from heat, the same as you see around the exhaust in a silver material.  Some may say it's for sound, but as far as Japan goes and my contacts it's for heat. i also spoke to the head of my dealership customer care and as expected i won the day  

29 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Do you have a website link for this quote 

thanks, Tony 🙂 

6 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Do you have a website link for this quote 

thanks, Tony 🙂 

No sorry Tony, I don't, DM me if you want to purchase, I can send you a secure payment link/info etc 

41 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

As much as that 😲 i told the head of Toyota team in head office that i wasn't happy and gave the reason as it is a heat pad not a sound pad. Its design is to protect the bonnet from heat, the same as you see around the exhaust in a silver material.  Some may say it's for sound, but as far as Japan goes and my contacts it's for heat. i also spoke to the head of my dealership customer care and as expected i won the day  

What does under bonnet insulation do?

Car hood insulation is a shielding placed beneath the hood of a car. The purpose of car hood insulation is to protect the engine from heat and fire, as well as to reduce engine noise

And that's why all cars should have it 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Car hood insulation is a shielding placed beneath the hood of a car. The purpose of car hood insulation is to protect the engine from heat and fire, as well as to reduce engine noise

There are millions of vehicles around the world from multiple manufacturer's which don't have any under bonnet insulation / sound deadening as the manufacturer has deemed it not required during the product testing stage.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

Heat shields and under bonnet insulation are two very different things. Heat shields on engine including exhaust are made from aluminium and they do stop heat transfer to the body and other parts, where this cover in question is simply for reducing an engine noise. This will not affect by much the interior noise intrusion imo it’s more like to reduce engine noise for outside the car. The fire wall insulation is in charge for reducing engine noises going into the cabin. I don’t think it’s worth paying £200 for it. Here the Corolla gr without one. 

66AF5CFA-8D4D-4333-9C9A-C5F3C9D26D3C.jpeg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Nothing to do with heat at all it is part of a sound proofing pack added where Toyota see fit, for example the 2.0 engine which is noisier than the 1.8 the 2.0 also gets a double glazed windscreen for sound proofing the 1.8 gets a standard glass

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Nothing to do with heat at all it is part of a sound proofing pack added where Toyota see fit, for example the 2.0 engine which is noisier than the 1.8 the 2.0 also gets a double glazed windscreen for sound proofing the 1.8 gets a standard glass

i said as far as Japan says it's for heat the bonnet if hot is a fire hazard 

and that's the official line I'm sticking to 🙂 

• Haha 1

I must admit it would make more sense to me to be heat insulation to protect the paint than it would for sound insulation (From who? Not the inside surely... Maybe to reduce bonnet rattling??), but only the designer really knows!

44 minutes ago, fourbanks said:

i said as far as Japan says it's for heat the bonnet if hot is a fire hazard 

and that's the official line I'm sticking to 🙂

The bonnet is made from aluminium so it dissipates heat away far better then if it was made from steel.

You wouldn't get an aluminium or steel bonnet hot enough to worry about heat damage during normal vehicle operation.

It's a sound deadening mat fitted to 1.8 hybrid Excel as its top of the UK Corolla range & considered more luxary / refined & also the 2 litre hybrid powered versions due to the noisy direct injection fuel pump under the bonnet.

At the end of the day all is well that's the main thing and the car drives well. It has a few quirks, but then most cars do. It would have been nice to have a voice reminder about speed camera's and red light camera's as where i live I'm surrounded by them but overall good value for money. Iv'e come from the Mazda franchise and have never had any problems not even a bulb failure, so they were very surprised iv'e now left. Prior to that i was with Mitsubishi and there again no problems over 7 years with my lancer until rust came along which is normal for that car. i did try to stay with Mitsubishi, but the standards were well down hence there no longer sold in the UK, Toyota now has a small stake in Mazda and that's a good thing 

• Like 1

The bonnet and paint do not need any heat protection, I bet it makes minimal change to any noise level as well 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, fourbanks said:

At the end of the day all is well that's the main thing and the car drives well. It has a few quirks, but then most cars do. It would have been nice to have a voice reminder about speed camera's and red light camera's as where i live I'm surrounded by them but overall good value for money. Iv'e come from the Mazda franchise and have never had any problems not even a bulb failure, so they were very surprised iv'e now left. Prior to that i was with Mitsubishi and there again no problems over 7 years with my lancer until rust came along which is normal for that car. i did try to stay with Mitsubishi, but the standards were well down hence there no longer sold in the UK, Toyota now has a small stake in Mazda and that's a good thing 

Hey, we have very similar car histories. My first Japanese car was Mazda , was not the most comfortable or the most reliable one but better than German ones I only had previously. Then I bought a Mitsubishi and fell in love with them, simple , easy to drive, easy to work on and ultra reliable. I traded with those for couple of years but sadly they went down by all means since 2013 and since then I am a Toyota man, so far so good. During all these years I always been looking at vag cars as out of interest and previously my favourite. Every time I get into the point of service or repair and see how they were made and what they require to be maintained I just close the page where I am and leave it all there. For now from all ice cars I only consider Toyota/Lexus as something that worth purchasing and owning. Evs though are different and I would say Tesla, Hyundai/Kia and vw can be considered. 👍

• Like 2