Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Check Engine Alert

Ram Rangasamy

Hi All,

I have got "Check Engine" Alert" A malfunction in the electronic control of the engine throttle, or automatic transmission has been detected. Contact your Toyota dealer in order to have your vehicle inspected.

Note: This alert came 2 days prior to my purchase date but I have noticed today only.

Has anyone got similar alert. 

RAV4 XLE Hybrid 2022

Take it back to the dealer and get them to investigate, if it's not resolved you would have the right to reject the car.

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Take it back to the dealer and get them to investigate, if it's not resolved you would have the right to reject the car.

Well, he would under UK law, but I suspect that this is a US car ... ?

I'm not all all sure quite how the owner can 'see' an alert that came up before they bought the car, but it states that they should report to the dealer, so, as Ernie says, that is what they should do.

I suspect that it is just an anomaly that has emerged from a flatter Battery on delivery or so PDI activity and nothing to worry about at all, but it's worth having checked out for peace of mind.

5 hours ago, philip42h said:

Well, he would under UK law, but I suspect that this is a US car ... ?

I'm not all all sure quite how the owner can 'see' an alert that came up before they bought the car, but it states that they should report to the dealer, so, as Ernie says, that is what they should do.

I suspect that it is just an anomaly that has emerged from a flatter battery on delivery or so PDI activity and nothing to worry about at all, but it's worth having checked out for peace of mind.

I suspect he's referring to alerts/messages in the MyT app rather than in the car. I had a couple from pre-handover that I noticed later that I put down to PDI, as you say. It seems the messages in MyT stay until you acknowledge or dismiss them but doesn't mean a live issue.

It does not seem to reflect reality if I look at mine, 1st service next week, I see that they added an accessory in August, total rubbish. I did get a boot mat, part of the original order, that was ordered incorrectly and delivered in May. It seem like a good idea that is just not polished or accurate enough. Some of this might well be down to individual dealers?

B05F1BCB-C29B-497B-8BD4-6D1E9341815E.png

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links