Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine oil for my 2012 Yaris

simers1983

Evening,

I'm looking at ordering some engine oil for my Yaris SY12 VYC and am stuck with the correct type of oil to buy. I believe it's 5w-30, just not sure of C2, C3 ect...

Any help would be much appreciated.

As it is a 1.33 petrol, Toyota's preferred engine oil is 0W-20 to API SL, SM or SN.

5W-30 may be used, but should be replaced with 0W-20 at the next service.

10 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

As it is a 1.33 petrol, Toyota's preferred engine oil is 0W-20 to API SL, SM or SN.

5W-30 may be used, but should be replaced with 0W-20 at the next service.

Thanks, will have a look into that. Any idea on the type, C2,C3,A.... So many types that come up. Fully synthetic too?

34 minutes ago, simers1983 said:

Thanks, will have a look into that. Any idea on the type, C2,C3,A.... So many types that come up. Fully synthetic too?

Hi, 

I have been using this oil Petronas Syntium 0w20 A5 in my Auris hybrid since 2016 and traveled many miles, also had a chance to test it in a wide range of temperatures from -10c° to +40C° and the engine has been running always great. Highly recommended oil. You can buy one pack only from that seller too. 👍 Oil filter oem or aftermarket high quality like mann, mahle, kneht or Boschhttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/322975936955?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3hyRrutZQQ-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=p34UK1z2T4m&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

ACEA 'A' specs refer to petrol engines. Go for the highest API spec (SL, SM, SN) that is in your budget. Toyota don't specify semi or fully synthetic - so again go for whatever is in your budget.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been using 5W30 A5 in mine for the last 2 years.

16 hours ago, 1.33 said:

I've been using 5W30 A5 in mine for the last 2 years.

That is the recommended viscocity for a 2010 car.

Toyota now recommend 0W20.