Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Front parking sensors active while the car is in P

hermesr

TBH I don't consider the GR Sport a replacement for the Dynamic, it's more of a side-grade (And a confusing one when we already have the GR Yaris :laugh:  I'm sure Yaris GR Sport vs GR Yaris is going to cause mixups for the uninitiated!!), but yeah at least they have listened to some customer feedback (i.e. lack of options on the lower grades!)

It's a shame the parts cost is so high for the missing modules tho', as almost all of these options could be retrofitted  - The wiring and plugs are all there, even in mine there are loose plugs for the 'mood lighting' and that was only available on the Launch edition!

And there was a thread where someone successfully retrofitted the intelligent sonar sensors without too much trouble once they'd gotten all the parts (Although IIRC the parts alone cost more than they would have as a factory option!)

2 minutes ago, Cyker said:

TBH I don't consider the GR Sport a replacement for the Dynamic, it's more of a side-grade (And a confusing one when we already have the GR Yaris :laugh:  I'm sure Yaris GR Sport vs GR Yaris is going to cause mixups for the uninitiated!!), but yeah at least they have listened to some customer feedback (i.e. lack of options on the lower grades!)

It's a shame the parts cost is so high for the missing modules tho', as almost all of these options could be retrofitted  - The wiring and plugs are all there, even in mine there are loose plugs for the 'mood lighting' and that was only available on the Launch edition!

And there was a thread where someone successfully retrofitted the intelligent sonar sensors without too much trouble once they'd gotten all the parts (Although IIRC the parts alone cost more than they would have as a factory option!)

I didn’t imply it was an improvement per say, especially as it comes with 18” wheels. 
Having driven a GR Circuit Pack (unfortunately only in town) I can assure you there is little to confuse the two, the GR having a gear stick, manual handbrake, missing 2 doors & about 6” of roof height should differentiate 🤣🤣. I was pleasantly surprised how refined it was and how well it rode (considering).

I just mean where there was a progression before, i.e. Icon -> Design -> Dynamic -> Excel, the GR Sport doesn't fit into that chain, it's sortof on its own to the side, hence my reasoning that it doesn't replace the Dynamic per se.

You're dead lucky tho', not had a chance to try a GR4!!!

The irony is I've always wanted an AWD Yaris since I discovered every single Yaris has had an AWD model.... but only in Japan! But now I could never own a GR4 as I don't think I could handle the running costs (I'd have to service it 3 times a year with that schedule :crybaby: ), but it will definitely be a future classic. Not just the last of the homologation specials, but a genuinely great car - You rarely see something so radical being made for the regular consumer market, and the fact that it's branded a Yaris still makes me laugh :laugh: 

But I just imagine some idiot buying a Yaris GR Sport blind on eBay or craigslist or something because they think they've found a sneaky way to jump the queue and then being confused when an FWD hybrid turns up instead of an AWD monster :laugh: 

Similar with people finding a cheap lease deal on a Hyundai Ioniq and being disappointed when it looks nothing like an Ioniq 5

• Haha 1

The mix up continues with Ford - when I had my Puma ST, there were people in the forum that has an ST-Line, who couldn't get their head around the difference. It seems that unless you change the naming convention completely, then you're going to always get confusion.
AMG is the worst though, it used to be very different, and you'd only get AMG on the back if it was an AMG, now you can get a A180 AMG, just because it's "AMG Line", same with BMW and the M Badge.

• Like 1

Yes! I do wonder if they do it on purpose sometimes...  It's like the grades; I much preferred the old Toyota T2->T3->T4->T-Spirit progression as it's clear which is better, and is consistent across cars, but this Icon Design Dynamo Excel Word Powerpoint thing they have going on now requires you to check which order it is for that specific car, as aside from Icon and Excel there're not consistent, and that's before they start throwing in sub-grades like Icon Tech Plus Stealth Sensor Kettle...!

• Haha 2

On 5/23/2022 at 9:41 PM, hermesr said:

Are these "normal" sensors or "intelligent", I.e. do you get any visual feedback on the display or just sound beeps?

They are sound and visual on the dash display.