Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jimota

After owning Audis and Volkswagens for the past 30 years I have now purchased my first Toyota but will have to wait around 6 months before It’s delivered.  I’m not ready to go the full electric vehicle route as I think it will be some years before the UK can guarantee nationwide coverage for charging vehicles and I’m still not convinced that people will spend extra cash on cars that really haven’t been tested on Battery reliability and longevity.

I have now ordered a Toyota Yaris Cross as hybrid vehicles appeal to me more.  Initially, I had reservations about the CVT gearbox as I was a fan of the excellent DSG gearboxes from Audi and VW but after a test drive on motorway and urban roads It really was quite pleasant.  Now it’s just a matter of waiting but I’m sure there are many people who have ordered cars recently will be affected by long delivery timescales.

cheers

Welcome James to the TOC, have you been given a delivery date?

Hello James - welcome to Toyota Owners Club.

Toyota at Macklin Motors gave an estimate of around 6-7 months but the sales team will get back to me shortly and give a more accurate update.  As I said, this is my first purchase of a Toyota and was really impressed with all the staff at Macklin Motors, Glasgow.

54 minutes ago, Jimota said:

I’m still not convinced that people will spend extra cash on cars that really haven’t been tested on battery reliability and longevity.

I can understand peoples hesitancy, but you do realise Toyota have been using Hybrid batteries for 25 years with VERY reliable success? My concern is not batteries, it is whether the electricity network can cope with the demand, especially at peak times in the day. You might be limited to off peak only for charging in the future, that is no good for anyone 

Hi James, and welcome. If you register with MyT, you'll be able to track the progress of your new Toyota.

Thanks everyone for the welcome.  Look forward to reading members opinions and experiences.

Cheers

Welcome, James