Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel efficient car

glitex

Hi, which is the most fuel efficient Toyota car, fuel is too expensive

Regards

Pete

One of the hybrids, yaris 1.5 hybrid will return 60 mpg (4.7 Km/L)

I think you'd struggle to get 60mpg in the new Yaris... :sad: 

Even when I drive mine quite 'enthusiastically' I struggle to get it to go less than 70mpg! :laugh: 

• Like 1

The most efficient Toyota is Prius phev as you can plug in and then use Battery power alone for longer time or drive in electric only for some miles, then comes Yaris hybrid and Yaris Cross hybrid, Prius, Corolla 1.8 icon with 16” wheels,  Prius gen 3 and Auris hybrid follow close. Toyota Aygo is probably next and Yaris petrol manual from previous generation. 👍

• Like 1

Bah, PHEVs cheat! :laugh:  Their true MPG, is always worse than the normal hybrid version. They really should list the mpg without including the battery's energy as well. A lot of people who claim to have a 100+ mpg on their PHEV only get it by mostly using the Battery, which is very misleading as the electricity isn't being counted.

I may be a bit biased tho' as I'm pretty sure the Mk4 Yaris is the highest real-world mpg vehicle currently in existence without having to resort to different driving styles or hypermiling tactics. (As in you can just drive it the same way you'd drive any other car and it'd just get higher mpg)

I would like to see more mpg figures for EV cars, or rather miles/kWh. They need to get more cars into the 4 and 5 miles/kWh, but they're getting worse - 2 and 3 miles/kWh is now being considered good, but that's actually pretty rubbish...

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Yaris deisel 67.3 mpg overall its a 2015 mk3 facelift 99 g co2 so free road tax  

• Like 2