Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Auris 2.2D goes into limp mode when at temperature - no codes showing

Harry62894

Hi all,

I have never experienced such a problem before and I am baffled where to start.

i have a 2008 Auris 2.2 Diesel with only 86k on the clock, on start up it’s normal and drives fine however as soon as the temperature goes up to the middle as normal (90) it goes into limp mode. There is loss of power and does not go past 3k revs and takes forever to build up speed. It’s like it’s looses complete power. 
what makes it worse is that it brings up no codes. So I don’t even know where to start.

Help would be much appreciated!!!!!

good morning I think you should start by cleaning the EGR valve as these models do not have a fault code on the instrument panel when it comes to these symptoms.

Check for codes with any obd2 reader, that's what it's for. Would be interested to know the result 

43 minutes ago, Harry62894 said:

@just_jon the Obd reader isn’t picking up any codes at all.

What obd 2 reader have you used? Some basic ones can not do the job and have limited use. You may need a tech stream or more top end fault reader . 

Sorry if I missed your no codes comment.  Does the engine check light come on when it goes into limp mode?  Whereabout are you?

On 5/21/2022 at 8:40 AM, just_jon said:

Sorry if I missed your no codes comment.  Does the engine check light come on when it goes into limp mode?  Whereabout are you?

No engine check light comes on, located in bradford

• 7 months later...

Hello mate did you figure the issue out as I’m having exactly the same problem with mine? Would be much appreciated 

Have you cleaned the EGR valve? If we assume that the OBD device was connected to the car but does not find any fault, such as EGR, nozzle valve, pump valve, etc. You should visit a workshop that uses a diagnostic that is TOUOTA

First things to do is regenerate the DPF filter or overrides it. The main cause of limp mode is DPF clogging. Check temperature gauge and oil pressure too. You can use Torque pro with a good OBD2 scanner. Veeapeak, carista, etc. https://priusapp.com/obd.html