Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help with Parking brake issue

Tonskii

I recently had the clutch replaced by Toyota(1 week ago). No issues, driving sweet as a nut. Got in this morning put key in, received 'Check parking brake system' warning and also 'check VSC'. Sat nav does not boot up, fans/ac does not run, dash lights are ok but cannot start car at all.

Can anyone assist with diagnosing this please. As I said I have had not problems at all until this morning

• Like 1

I think some or one connection has not been put back properly. In my case, the gear position sensor was not securely connected. - 

I would look at the earth straps and any connections, in the area worked on when the clutch was replaced. The problem with some, can the garage that did the work be trusted to find the problem and rectify the faults? With the help of a friend who happen to be an auto electrician, I corrected the faults myself. I have since got the diagnostic tools to deal with my car. 
Hopefully this will give you direction. 

3 hours ago, Konrad C said:

I think some or one connection has not been put back properly. In my case, the gear position sensor was not securely connected. - 

I would look at the earth straps and any connections, in the area worked on when the clutch was replaced. The problem with some, can the garage that did the work be trusted to find the problem and rectify the faults? With the help of a friend who happen to be an auto electrician, I corrected the faults myself. I have since got the diagnostic tools to deal with my car. 
Hopefully this will give you direction. 

I had that problem one time the I serverced mine and forgot 2 put back in the plug for the air filter maf sensor and came across that problem 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the assistance. I replaced the Fuse Control box and all faults now cleared. Everything works and car starts and runs ok, EXCEPT the electric wing mirrors and the Sat Nav/Audio system which are not working.

Any suggestions on what to check now? I have checked all fuses and they are ok and as I said now not showing any faults

• 2 months later...
  • Registered Member
  • First Name:tony
  • Toyota Model: Avensis
  • Toyota Year: 2010

'Check parking brake system' warning and also 'check VSC'

Have had these 2 errors together a few times, solved with a bottle of injector cleaner, so it is not always the error that is displayed.