Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Recall on MY22 car

jazzyb88

Just got a letter through the post from Toyota to say my 2022 Rav4 has a recall for the brake actuator ECU. I'm surprised that Toyota already have a recall lol.

Keep an eye out for any letters in case it affects you too!

Just got a letter today recalling my ‘21 PHEV. Guess it will be done when I have the car serviced next Wednesday.

Recall letter arrived today also.

The way they've described the issue to be fixed makes it sound highly unlikely to occur for any vehicle that spends its life on roads, rather than off, no? [not suggesting recall should be ignored, just wondering if others have same interpretation as I?] 

Recall letter received today....

My PHEV Dynamic Premium recalled for Brake Actuator ECU Reprogramming.  Hope dealer will sort this out soon.

I also have had the recall letter

Recall for VCS not resetting to default on, if has been turned off on the prior use, as this would need to be done manually, if you don't turn it off you will not have an issue.

Do these show up on the recall checker?

There's nothing showing for mine so it seems as though the "Brake Actuator ECU Reprogramming" thing is either a more recently introduced issue or, more likely, a PHEV specific thing ...

7 minutes ago, philip42h said:

Do these show up on the recall checker?

There's nothing showing for mine so it seems as though the "Brake Actuator ECU Reprogramming" thing is either a more recently introduced issue or, more likely, a PHEV specific thing ...

Not just PHEV Philip mine is a HEV.

Listed as Campaign XGG22 if that means anything to you.

9 minutes ago, Roger_N said:

Not just PHEV Philip mine is a HEV.

Listed as Campaign XGG22 if that means anything to you.

But yours sounds different from the "Brake Actuator ECU Reprogramming" issue.

The VSC issue is that  "if the Vehicle Stability Control (VSC) system is turned off, it may not default to the ON setting the next time the vehicle is started. This may result in a loss of vehicle control." And, if I've understood correctly, the driver has to work quite hard to get the car into that state - it's been mention somewhere in another thread (I think). TBH if mine was subject to that recall I wouldn't be too worried or in too much of a hurry to get it addressed!

Edit: ... on the other hand, they may be exactly the same issue described under slightly different names! (Australia describes as one while NZ describes as the other but they sound the same).

Maybe I'll find a letter waiting when I get back home next week, but, honestly, I'm still not too fussed! 😉

Looks like it’s the 2022 RAVs that are having the recall. Just checked my 2021 RAV and no recalls

My 21 RAV has the recall….. 

My PHEV (registered October '21) had WGG22 ECU Reprogramming Recall carried out on Monday when in for it's service.

Not XGG22 - is this another (different) issue? No letter received.

My MY21 PHEV has the recall (XGG22) from letter today. But, it does not come up on the Toyota Recall Checker 

8 hours ago, Lawnmowerman said:

My PHEV (registered October '21) had WGG22 ECU Reprogramming Recall carried out on Monday when in for it's service.

Not XGG22 - is this another (different) issue? No letter received.

William, I think that's another issue but maybe picked up in the re programming anyway?

• Like 1

Observation, I've just got my recall notice for XGG22 and had been told that there was an ECU update when I booked the car for service, maybe WGG22 (24th).  I just used the recall checker just to see if there is anything else and it says that my car is clear and that there are NO recalls of any type for my car, not even the one I have the recall letter for?

So can only assume that the recall checker has not been updated, in any case it appears to be behind the curve and not reliable?

1 hour ago, ernieb said:

Observation, I've just got my recall notice for XGG22 and had been told that there was an ECU update when I booked the car for service, maybe WGG22 (24th).  I just used the recall checker just to see if there is anything else and it says that my car is clear and that there are NO recalls of any type for my car, not even the one I have the recall letter for?

So can only assume that the recall checker has not been updated, in any case it appears to be behind the curve and not reliable?

It would appear that some 460,000 vehicles are subject to the VSC recall - aka XGG22 as referenced above and elsewhere on the net. I can't find any reference to WGG22, but, given the similarity of the codes, I'd be inclined to guess that it was the same thing ...

Nonetheless, it is rather disappointing that the recall checker doesn't appear to be the authoritative source that it probably should be.

Mine is a HEV and it is also for the ECU reprogramming. Didn't sound too serious, seemed to only apply in skid conditions but will get it done! Looking forward to seeing what courtesy car I get for the day 😉

5 hours ago, jazzyb88 said:

Mine is a HEV and it is also for the ECU reprogramming. Didn't sound too serious, seemed to only apply in skid conditions but will get it done! Looking forward to seeing what courtesy car I get for the day 😉

I hear Moskvich is being resurrected 😂😂😂............

• Haha 1

As regards DVSA safety recalls and Toyota's recall checker:

# If the safety recall has been put into place via the DVSA recall system, at one time DVSA used to allow the manufacturer some time in which to obtain the necessary parts for the agreed repair action, before the recall letters to owners were sent out.

Now, however, DVSA require letters to be sent to owners as soon as rectification action has been agreed. This means that in with some recalls, there may be a delay between owners receiving letters and rectification being carried out.

# In light of the above, there may be a few days delay in recalls being shown on a manufacturer's recall checker, and DVSA's recall checker.  I've checked the DVSA website this morning, and currently there are no safety recalls showing for 2022 Rav4s, and only the E-call recall for 2021 Rav4s.

NB: the DVSA checker shows recalls in order of date the recall was announced.

Mines going in on Friday morning for the update, hope the coffee has improved at the dealership 🤣