Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2020 Corolla 1.8 HB Design fuse box cover diagram

Frosted

Hi all,

I'm attempting to hardwire a front Dashcam however the fuse box cover with the diagram showing which fuse is on which circuit is missing from my car. I bought the car (which is excellent by the way) secondhand so no idea why someone would remove and discard it. Sigh. Does anyone have a picture of a matching fusebox cover they could share?

I've looked online and there appears to be a substantial number of variations - none of which match the fuse layout I have.

My fuse box is located in the passenger footwell and looks like this:

2020 UK Corolla Fusebox.jpg

This is my cover - the fusing looks substantially the same as yours. Mine is a 1.8 TS Excel. I used piggy back fusing on the Dome and P/Outlet fuses to get the +12v and IGN feeds. Neither are critical loads (unlike ECU feeds etc).  I then stuck the cover back onto the plastic footwell shield with some velcro so that it can be used for reference. Hope it helps.

Under dash fusebox.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Chris - that's really helpful and much appreciated 🙂

• Like 1

Hi!

I have a corolla 1.8 excel TS. Planning to hardwire my dash-cam too,which is a Nextbase 522GW. Are the fuses still live when the car is off and locked?

9 minutes ago, PRus said:

Hi!

I have a corolla 1.8 excel TS. Planning to hardwire my dash-cam too,which is a Nextbase 522GW. Are the fuses still live when the car is off and locked?

The Dome fuse (interior light) is a +12v feed and the P/Outlet fuse is live when Accessory is switched on.

@Chris Nutt

Thank you for the information. Any potential issues with the 12v Battery draining?

You need to either only have the camera live when accessory or IGN is on - or have a “parking monitor” interface that turns it off after a couple of hours (I have a Garmin camera which offers this - I don’t know about the Nextbase). Do NOT have the camera always live. These cars have enough Battery problems without any external assistance! 

The Nextbase camera we have in our daughter's car (a 322gw) with rear facing cam shuts down on power supply off (cigarette lighter off with ignition in her case) but the parking assistant works on a shock sensor using the internal Battery.

• 3 months later...
On 5/21/2022 at 4:36 PM, Corollanutter said:

This is my cover - the fusing looks substantially the same as yours. Mine is a 1.8 TS Excel. I used piggy back fusing on the Dome and P/Outlet fuses to get the +12v and IGN feeds. Neither are critical loads (unlike ECU feeds etc).  I then stuck the cover back onto the plastic footwell shield with some velcro so that it can be used for reference. Hope it helps.

Under dash fusebox.jpg

Hi. Sorry to post on an old thread. I'm hardwiring a Nextbase dash cam and only need power when the car is on. I should piggyback the p outlet fuse? It's only on when ignition is on? 

Run the rear cable down the passenger side as dab is down the drivers side? 

Thanks Mark

37 minutes ago, markymark34 said:

Hi. Sorry to post on an old thread. I'm hardwiring a nextbase dash cam and only need power when the car is on. I should piggyback the p outlet fuse? It's only on when ignition is on? 

Run the rear cable down the passenger side as dab is down the drivers side? 

Thanks Mark

That sounds like a good plan. Exactly how I did mine. The P Outlet is on when Accessory is switched on. 

• Thanks 1

Mine is currently run to the outlet in the armrest.

I've been meaning to find which fuse it can use  in the board, this solves it.

Cheers!

On 8/29/2022 at 11:37 AM, Corollanutter said:

That sounds like a good plan. Exactly how I did mine. The P Outlet is on when Accessory is switched on. 

Quick question. All sorted. Except the fuse that I took out of P outlet has some plastic round it so it doesn't fit properly into the Nextbase hardwire kit. Did you modify or buy a new 15amp fuse ?

Yes, they are low profile mini fuses. Here is a comparison chart. If I remember correctly, the standard mini fuse piggy back fits the low profile socket, however you will need mini fuses (non low profile) to fit into the piggy back socket. 

4589B76A-4AEF-4C1D-804B-1A12FE6173AA.png

• 8 months later...

Hi Guys how did you ground it as all the bolts fasten to plastic it seems? 

Thanks