Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car won't lock

mushrooom

So it's been working fine, key fob Battery is brand new

Took the drivers door card off today to fix a blown speaker and while I've been going in and out the house I've been locking it no problem

Now I've put everything back and it won't lock with the keyfob or the touch sensitive handle

Strangely enough the tailgate is locked.

When you get out and lock it with the key the mirrors fold in and the driver's door locks. Other 3 doors remain unlocked

The indicators flash to unlock but don't do anything when you press lock

Could it be that the 12v Battery has drained while Ive had the door open for a few hours and it needs a run to recharge it ? 

Stumped

1 hour ago, mushrooom said:

So it's been working fine, key fob battery is brand new

Took the drivers door card off today to fix a blown speaker and while I've been going in and out the house I've been locking it no problem

Now I've put everything back and it won't lock with the keyfob or the touch sensitive handle

Strangely enough the tailgate is locked.

When you get out and lock it with the key the mirrors fold in and the driver's door locks. Other 3 doors remain unlocked

The indicators flash to unlock but don't do anything when you press lock

Could it be that the 12v battery has drained while Ive had the door open for a few hours and it needs a run to recharge it ? 

Stumped

I am not sure I have direct answer to your question, however if you in doubt about your 12v Battery state of charge best to disconnect from the car and recharge it with smart charger overnight. Then after reconnecting the terminals you will reset the ecu and if everything is connected properly in the door after the job you had done the lock unlock should work as usual. 
Hope it helps 👍

Did you plug the window and lock/unlock switch back in ?? do the doors lock inside the car from the switch ?

Yes , plugged everything back in, doors lock /unlock switch does nothing , electric windows working

I've just manually locked each door one by one and then used the key to lock the drivers door

If I touch the door handle the indicators flash 6 times but nothing else happens

If you left your key inside , haven’t close properly any of your doors including boot this is usually what happens plus a continuous sound which is kind of annoying. This can also happen if any of courtesy light switch is faulty, these little black boots on the door shuts. Perhaps go around each of them and manually push it few times and then try again to lock the car. 

Sorted 

2 blown fuses , Number 5 (20 amp) and number 9 (10 amp)

I don't know whose idea it was to put the fusebox under the glovebox but what a PITA to get to

Toyota-Corolla-_-Auris-E160_E170_E180-2013-2018_in1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Did you drill the rivets out ? You may have hit the loom in the door not knowing it - something you need to check before any moisture gets in

5. 20 amp door lock power

9. 10 amp Back door lock power

https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/toyota/corolla/527-2013-2018-toyota-corolla-and-auris-fuse-box-diagram.html

21 hours ago, mushrooom said:

I don't know whose idea it was to put the fusebox under the glovebox but what a PITA to get to

It's the same in a Yaris. Requires a plastic panel removal for access and then lie on your side/back, upside down. It does make it easier to remove the glovebox too.

I would go with something like Bob has suggested. Not trying to be clever, but golden rule for the future, disconnect the Battery first!

No, I don't always practise what I preach.:rolleyes::laugh:

1 hour ago, flash22 said:

Did you drill the rivets out ? You may have hit the loom in the door not knowing it - something you need to check before any moisture gets in

5. 20 amp door lock power

9. 10 amp Back door lock power

https://knigaproavto.ru/shemy/en/toyota/corolla/527-2013-2018-toyota-corolla-and-auris-fuse-box-diagram.html

Loom doesn't pass behind the rivets so luckily no drilled wires.

If you look at the post above yours you'll see I fixed it and it was both those fuses you mention

42 minutes ago, mrpj1 said:

It's the same in a Yaris. Requires a plastic panel removal for access and then lie on your side/back, upside down. It does make it easier to remove the glovebox too.

I would go with something like Bob has suggested. Not trying to be clever, but golden rule for the future, disconnect the battery first!

No, I don't always practise what I preach.:rolleyes::laugh:

I'm an electrician, I never disconnect the Battery 😄

As a sparky, you know fuses don't blow for no reason 😉 and 2 related circuits to boot

• Like 1