Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Apple Car Play

davidif

Is there an easy/obvious way to tell if the infotainment system supports CarPlay?

I think they all do I haven’t seen one which hasn’t been updated to date 

Depends whether you're asking about new Corollas or used Corollas.

When the current Corolla went on sale in 2019, the MM17 multimedia unit didn't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto. A retro fit solution was available from dealers from November 2020 at cost to owners - £120 or £50 when done with a service.

So it is possible that some owners of 2019-2020 didn't have the upgrade done, and some of these cars would have entered the used market.

I am currently deciding on a design hybrid. The dealer said they can fit the carplay at £50 with the service but said I would loose all the in built maps. does anyone know if thats true ?

18 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Depends whether you're asking about new Corollas or used Corollas.

When the current Corolla went on sale in 2019, the MM17 multimedia unit didn't have Apple Carplay or Android Auto. A retro fit solution was available from dealers from November 2020 at cost to owners - £120 or £50 when done with a service.

So it is possible that some owners of 2019-2020 didn't have the upgrade done, and some of these cars would have entered the used market.

Used,2019. I recall the spec referring to MM19.

6 minutes ago, davidif said:

Used,2019. I recall the spec referring to MM19.

Which is the later/upgraded head unit with Apple Carplay/Android Auto as standard. See the following re the retro fit arrangements - 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Northwest_1.2 said:

I am currently deciding on a design hybrid. The dealer said they can fit the carplay at £50 with the service but said I would loose all the in built maps. does anyone know if thats true ?

If the car has factory navigation you do not loose it by upgrading to include Apple car play/Android auto

On 5/23/2022 at 11:04 PM, Devon Aygo said:

If the car has factory navigation you do not loose it by upgrading to include Apple car play/Android auto

thats what I thought, but she definetly said it would loose the inbuilt GPS which put me off. 

23 hours ago, Northwest_1.2 said:

thats what I thought, but she definetly said it would loose the inbuilt GPS which put me off. 

Definitely wrong. I had the CP upgrade at my last service and the original nav is still functioning. Very useful as a backup if you forget your phone!  She is probably trying to avoid having to wrap in a free upgrade to your purchase. So push for it anyway! 

How tight dealers are!

It's just software/firmware - no biggie to upgrade if the system can handle it... no massive labour-intensive work to do.  Just plug in a laptop, update the software/firmware to the all singing all dancing and let it be.  If you're paying £50 for the upgrade then surely it will 'upgrade' not remove.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links