Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Traveling to Europe

Beduin_

In about a month I will travel to Poland for 3 weeks holiday and I have 2 question.

1. Fuel.

I know that Estimas aren't suitable to use E10 fuel just E5. In Germany Aral(BP) petrol station offer 102 octane petrol that apparently during production no bio ethanol is added. I'm planing to refuel 4 times in total in Germany so is it safer for engine to use Aral 102Octane or stick with usual E5?

2. Beam deflectors.

Since UK cars need beam deflectors when travel through Europe to not dazzle drivers driving from other direction because the angle that lights work on. Does our Estimas have light focused more on left side of the road, or in Japan like in US they lights are set central(illuminate evenly both sides of the road)?

BTW beam deflectors avaible in UK does not list Toyota Estima in leaflet with instructions where to stick them.

2 hours ago, Beduin_ said:

In about a month I will travel to Poland for 3 weeks holiday and I have 2 question.

1. Fuel.

I know that Estimas aren't suitable to use E10 fuel just E5. In Germany Aral(BP) petrol station offer 102 octane petrol that apparently during production no bio ethanol is added. I'm planing to refuel 4 times in total in Germany so is it safer for engine to use Aral 102Octane or stick with usual E5?

Really.?...who says.?..My V6 runs happily on E10 though I confess I do pop in some E5 every so often..so surely you would use E5 and forget about the expensive 102.

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, RUToyota said:

Really.?...who says.?..My V6 runs happily on E10 though I confess I do pop in some E5 every so often..so surely you would use E5 and forget about the expensive 102.

I have 2.4 hybrid one not V6.

There is topic on that forum that says that E10 hurt the 2.4 in long run. Also when I spoke with Kasper from Wigan few weeks ago he confirmed that.

OK..still can't see why..I would have thought a 2015 year vehicle shouldn't have any problems with E10.?.

I recall that the 2.4 used in a couple of earlier Avensis models were problematic but I'd assumed that by now the 2.4 was fine.

Maybe I'm out of date or just missing something.?

4 hours ago, Beduin_ said:

BTW beam deflectors avaible in UK does not list Toyota Estima in leaflet with instructions where to stick them.

Presumably because the Estima hasn't been an official import into Europe since 2006. 

Note that when the Estima was sold in Europe, it was sold as the Previa.

35 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Presumably because the Estima hasn't been an official import into Europe since 2006. 

Note that when the Estima was sold in Europe, it was sold as the Previa.

Is that mean that 2004 Previa have same lights setup as Estima?

Screenshot_20220523-123722_Samsung Notes.jpg

• 1 month later...
On 5/23/2022 at 9:45 AM, RUToyota said:

Unfortunately 102 was only E5 available on distribitor. Rest of them was E10.

Luckily for me both petrol types In Poland Pb95 and Pb98 are E5, so I save some $$$ as it cost roughly £1.5 for Pb95 and £1.7 for Pb98.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, Beduin_ said:

Is that mean that 2004 Previa have same lights setup as Estima?

Screenshot_20220523-123722_Samsung Notes.jpg

Did you resolve the headlight deflector issue?

Unfortunately i did not.

I decided that I will buy beam deflectors when I arrive to Eurotunel terminal in Folkestone and stick the round part of them only on the headlights(just in case when policeman check for them they will be in place), but only open shop in terminal was Starbucks. Ended up dazzling people for nearly 3 weeks after sun goes down.

If they are not beam benders,( Fresnel lenses), then they are expensive bits of sticky tape with a pattern on them. save the money and just put a bit of sticky tape on unless you prefer to use beam benders which redirect the dazzle but give you more light rather than tape that just blocks out the light. copy someone else for where to stick them.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links