Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Climate Control Options in Settings

Trewithy

I was sat in the car waiting for my wife and to pass the time I was looking through the Vehicle Settings.  In the Climate Control section there is an on/off option for A/C Auto Mode which in my car is ON.  What does this do?  I guess it is different to the Auto button on the heater panel on the dashboard.

The AC auto comes on when you put the fan on maybe?

On mine there is a setting like that (Can't remember the exact wording off hand) but it basically lets the car automatically switch between Recirc and Fresh.

I turned it off and the car started getting that swampy AC smell so I turned it back on again...

• Thanks 1

I have answered my own question through experimentation in the car.  In Climate Control area of Vehicle Settings if the Auto A/C Mode is turned off then pressing the Auto button on the climate control panel will switch everything to auto without turning on the a/c.  The a/c would have to be turned on manually.  Could be convenient if you prefer not to use a/c.

I didn't see anything regarding auto-recirc but I believe it does occur under certain conditions although I have never seen the recirc button illuminated in my car.

• Like 2

Ahh good to know!

The recirc one was called something like efficient ventilation or something like that...

13 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Ahh good to know!

The recirc one was called something like efficient ventilation or something like that...

That’s interesting. My auris manages automatically from where to suck air when ac is working and it depends of outside air temperature and inside cabin temperature settings. When either of them changes the car also changes the air intake from out to recirculating and the other way around. It does not have a screen but the system is smart. 😉

• Like 1