Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis t27 doors

Jackwc22

Hi, I have a dent on one of my doors and I have been quoted over £500 in a bodyshop to repair it. I am trying to source a second hand door instead of doing this. I was wondering if all T27 doors are compatible with each other? I have noticed that a lot of the second hand doors are advetised as 2009-onwards (I have a 65 plate business edition model). They look identical in the pictures but its hard to be sure.

4 hours ago, Jackwc22 said:

Hi, I have a dent on one of my doors and I have been quoted over £500 in a bodyshop to repair it. I am trying to source a second hand door instead of doing this. I was wondering if all T27 doors are compatible with each other? I have noticed that a lot of the second hand doors are advetised as 2009-onwards (I have a 65 plate business edition model). They look identical in the pictures but its hard to be sure.

65 plate is the newer one with the bmw engine in those as i know this as i have the 64 plate and my one came with the last of the toyota d4d engines quick question what is your engijne code if its 1ADFTV  well maybe they registered the last ones in 2015 but mainly the 2015 ones are the newer  ones out with the bmw engine check your log book 

You'd need to check with a Toyota dealer or if there are any Japan-centric brand / Toyota breaker yards around who would know off the top of their head. 

I can imagine the sheet metal door will fit, but the electric connectors may be different over time, and the join between the front of the interior door card trim (where it meets the side of the dashboard) might not fit since our facelift T27 models have a much more modern dash, there might be a different fit to the door? 

Good luck and please share for future reference once you find the answer. 

Ps, we tried pulling the dent out of the back door of a 2010 Peugeot 3008 (an old beat up one) and because of the position of the crash protection bar inside, it wasn't as easy / simple as we thought. So sometimes a new door probably is unavoidable. 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links