Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tracking not activated.

Rhymes with Paris

I read an article over the weekend about a chap who had a range rover velur stolen from his driveway, about £65 grands worth.

Dealer said it was his responsibility to activate tracker and register it and maintain subscription.

End result, no payout from insurance and lost car.

Now I don't know if new or newish Toyotas have built in or add on trackers fitted, but this may be worth bearing in mind if they do.

I can't do links on this cheap phone,it was on back page of telegraph money section Saturday 21 may .

JLR products are fitted with a security tracker, with an option to upgrade to a more comprehensive security tracker (Secure Tracker Pro).

Trackers fitted to Toyotas aren't security trackers.

Ok , thanks for the reply Frosty.

I do not have a clue about the differences in trackers.

So if I understand it right the trackers fitted to Toyotas are not a requirement for theft insurance as in the range rover, and do not require activating by the customer to ensure coverage for theft.

I have an old Toyota so not a concern for me, but if I or someone else buy a newer one with tracking I would need clarification.

Hi. 

Normally your insurer will ask you if the vehicle has a tracker fitted. They wouldn't normally assume it has. If the insurer has a requirement for a tracker to be fitted then normally there will be an endorsement on the insurance schedule detailing the full tracker requirements.

Regards,

Dab.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links