Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12V battery replacment, which one is best?

MrEco

Hi Guys,

Recently my car (2009 1.8 T-Spirit 82k miles) didn't start, nothing turns on and i may have left a light on sometime. Car was jump started and started no problem, no warning lights so pretty sure the 12v is done. 

Question is which one do I go for? National tyres can do a Napa NPA043N 12v Battery mobile installation for £86, only 30k starts though but with 4yrs warranty but this is not an AGM Battery?  There is an AGM battery; Lion AGM AGM 009 for £175 from Europarts, 350k starts! . So is the expensive one the best? Plan to keep the car for as long as possible. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, MrEco said:

Hi Guys,

Recently my car (2009 1.8 T-Spirit 82k miles) didn't start, nothing turns on and i may have left a light on sometime. Car was jump started and started no problem, no warning lights so pretty sure the 12v is done. 

Question is which one do I go for? National tyres can do a Napa NPA043N 12v battery mobile installation for £86, only 30k starts though but with 4yrs warranty but this is not an AGM battery?  There is an AGM battery; Lion AGM AGM 009 for £175 from Europarts, 350k starts! . So is the expensive one the best? Plan to keep the car for as long as possible. 

Thanks

You can check Toyota dealers. They offer original batteries at competitive price perhaps including fitting. Oem is best not always but in most cases. 🔋👍

• Like 3

Just now, TonyHSD said:

You can check Toyota dealers. They offer original batteries at competitive price perhaps including fitting. Oem is best not always but in most cases. 🔋👍

thanks, I called and thanks to VAT it takes it to £168... I can source a Hankook AGM for £120 so going to go with that. Scowered fb to see other similar posts with lots of different recomendations but i'd rather get an AGM and know it will last and do what I need it to do. 

• Like 1

28800-YZZPD (S46B24R) but there is also a left hand negative type, oem is Yuasa

£155 delivered is about right for retail

If it is an import car it may have a different Battery, check what is fitted to the car

• Like 2

In my opinion a lot of retailers put any old Battery on that will fit the profile, that's not always a good thing. The genuine Battery is £160 inc VAT, call your dealer and see if he is willing to offer a discount, especially if you have a good relationship or service plan with him, service plans often attract discounts on other items, worth a try for 10% off, it will also be the correct Battery for the job  

• Like 3

ONLY fit an AGM Battery as it is inside the car.

The last thing anybody needs is for Battery acid flying around the car after an accident.

Also ensure that the Battery has vent points that connect to the vent hose on the car.

• Like 1

Bought  a Toyota Battery from Steven Eagle Bishops Stortford

quoted £125 fitted, chose to fit it myself, not difficult, price same across dealership.