Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Estima Japanese imports - UK registration & road tax

Jam360

ulez is based off the Euro standards or cert of conformity, so it may be calculated from the emissions on the Jap export documents.

Just run a few plates of similar cars off eBay (2.4 Hybrid), and they all come up as LEZ and ULEZ free, Congestion charge at the normal rate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The problem with imports is they don't always have those logged in the database the TfL uses or the import car reg doesn't map to the right thing in the database, so sometimes you have to manually apply, but definitely check the ULEZ checker with the car reg first as if it is already in the database you don't have to go through all that hassle!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2022 at 1:35 PM, flash22 said:

It's in the Japanese Brochure IIRC, it also depends on the date it was imported or first registered in the UK what will be on the V5

it should also be on the export paper work if It's still with the car

Brochure states 137 g/km for the 2AZ-FXE 2.4 that puts in Band E £155 if first registered before 01/04/2017 if after that date it goes into PLG or band H at £230

https://autocatalogarchive.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Toyota-Estima-Hybrid-2009-JPN-.pdf

Hi Flash22, do you mean first registeration in the UK after impotation, IE anything recently UK registered or it's original Jap registration date please?

When the car was constructed - when uk registered it will get an age related reg plate, uk tax will be based on Co2 on a 2010 - If the Co2 information is not present it will be put flat rate

it can get very complex

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/17/2022 at 11:35 AM, flash22 said:

When the car was constructed - when uk registered it will get an age related reg plate, uk tax will be based on Co2 on a 2010 - If the Co2 information is not present it will be put flat rate

it can get very complex

Brilliantly helpful as usual!  Don't suppose you have a link to the petrol (non hybrid) Jap document? I have looked but been unsuccesseful so far.

• 1 month later...

Hie everyone,

Does actually someone try to contact DVLA and ask for tax reduction based on the Japanese manual stating the CO2 emission values?

Thanks for your reply.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, 
Did anyone manage get their vehicle registered as Euro 5 standard for Estima Hybrid 2008? 

How did you do it? What documents did you submit with the registration?

Also has anyone managed to pay less than GBP 290 or 295 road tax for their estima hybrid year 2008/2009? 
What documents did you submit together and what class did it go under?

Many Thanks. 

Hi Guys,

Did anyone have any luck? 

I am about to register my estima hybrid and am not sure what to put in the road tax amount. 

Looking at the website below from Toyota global the CO2 emissions under the 10-15 Japanese test cycle are just 116g/km (as measured by MLIT).

Toyota Launches Completely Redesigned Estima Hybrid | Toyota | Global Newsroom | Toyota Motor Corporation Official Global Website

I am stuck as to how to prove this info to DVLA and get the lower road tax?

It is more than 10years old, so does not need the IVA test. 

Please advise.

Thanks

55 minutes ago, moshaheed said:

Hi, 
Did anyone manage get their vehicle registered as Euro 5 standard for Estima Hybrid 2008? 

How did you do it? What documents did you submit with the registration?

Also has anyone managed to pay less than GBP 290 or 295 road tax for their estima hybrid year 2008/2009? 
What documents did you submit together and what class did it go under?

Many Thanks. 

Hi,

My Estima came in to the UK in August and i managed to register it within 4 weeks.

On the dvla form, i put down the Japanese Co2 details however it looks like DVLA didn't take it in to account as its not the European test cycle.  I was also hoping the low co2 will mean i pay lower tax however this was ignored and i was charged the flat rate of £162 for six months.  I cant see anything to indicate they classes my one  as Euro 5. 

I submitted my application with the dvla form,  NOVA clearance confirmation letter, MOT certificate,  Japanese Export certificate and my original driving licence. You dont need to provide insurance unless you live in Northern Ireland. 

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

It will be put on the old rate (PGL) as its over 1549cc its £295, some hybrids come back at Zero rate