Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

reverse restrict lever

curlew

hi, i am wondering what the "reverse restrict pin" is for on my yaris 6 speed gearbox ?   it looks like it should be pushed up to the selector lever on top of the gearbox with a weak spring but it is round next to the cable rubber and cant get round to the lever as the bracket is in the way(i think after a clutch job  it has been refitted like this)

i have searched to see exactly what it does but cant find anything , the car goes into reverse but i think the pin  should be fitted the other way - if anyone knows ?  thanks - john

XP90 (mk2) or xp130 (Mk3) or what year ?

its a 2016 xp130 diesel , might try to take a pic

the lever in white ring and i think it should run against the side with the white line (on selector lever) but it cant go round to that position as the bits in red stop it , nearly when i select 6th gear but not quite

20220525_small 174200.jpg

Simply it stops the reverse fork, engaging in a forward gear and holds it in reverse when selected

Click to enlarge

1168156956_xp130reverserestrictpin.thumb.jpg.750d91c6a4900bb7bae0a6c03959a116.jpg

ok, so i guess it has to be manually got hold of and moved round to hold the selector as in the diagram - maybe if you are working on the car or some reason - it does not seem to be connected to anything inside the gearbox , i'd best forget about it i think , thanks for the info

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links