Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine types

CMJToyota

I have just purchased a 2018/19 Yaris Icon Tech 1.5 second hand from a Toyota dealer and reading through the documentation I have noticed that the engine on some paperwork has a serial starting with 1NZ and on other paperwork it is 2NR. Is it an error and what should it be? The 1NZ appears in the service record and the 2NR appears in a document entitled vehicle history confirmation certificate. The numbers after the prefix match.

The NR is used in the petrol non-hybrid Yaris (1.33 & 1.5) and the NZ is used in the Yaris hybrid.

That is strange because it is not a hybrid so whoever filled out the service book got it incorrect then.Should I ask for a new service book?

Not necessarily ask them to correct it and initial it at the next service, and to correct it in the online service record if entered wrong there too. 

• Like 2

1.5 non hybrid is the 2NR-FKE the engine was derived from 1.3 1NR-FE

1.5 hybrid is the 1NZ-FXE

reason for the mix up is the hybrid cars sold in bigger numbers compared to the manual or standard CVT auto, especially towards the end of production

• Like 2

So it seems that whoever completed the service book at the dealership was being sloppy then? I will pass it back to the dealer along with a few other items and hopefully they will rectify it.

• Like 2