Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My T info before collection of car

Kental

My car is now built and (according to My T) In Transit.

Some posts I've seen say people can see information like low Battery or car unlocked. Without the V5 or the car in front of you how can you fill in the version info or send and enter the mileage to activate the information? 

10 hours ago, Kental said:

Some posts I've seen say people can see information like low battery or car unlocked. Without the V5 or the car in front of you how can you fill in the version info or send and enter the mileage to activate the information? 

The MyT App is not great to be honest... not for me anyhow.

Not sure on the registration bit - but IIRC I had to enter the chassis number (it would not pick up the reg number - however on entering the chassis number it told me the reg).

It works via the DCM (check your Infotainment display - there is a DCM signal) and it picks up information from that (GPS, fuel, doors open, etc.)...

BUT:

Since Easter mine has not been working correctly.  It tracks me journeying from home to a location... but then does not track me back - telling me my car is still in the destination location (at this time since yesterday my car is still in the M6 Sandbach Service Station).

I have contacted both the App Toyota Europe and also Toyota GB - told to uninstall app and then re-install - still not working.  They claim it is just the car is not in a good signal area and to "try and go out into a good signal area and it will reset and pick up correctly".  Huh?  How do i know what a good signal area is?  The DCM is showing full strength and only drops to one bar on rare occasions...

Like this morning the DCM was full and still not picked me up on my 6 mile journey...  but the location is now down the road in Toyota (having anti-roll bar bushes replaced after just 2500 miles!!!).  Last journey still showing as yesterday and still in Sandbach.

So why the car location showing in Toyota but the last journey still yesterday?  Does not make sense if using the same DCM and info.  My last journey should be registered if that is the case?

I have replied stating I am not happy with the app (all was fine before Easter then it's gone wrong) so waiting for a response.

I have the same issue with the app. Often it doesn't track any journey. When it does it tracks me going but doesn't track my journey home. Then it tells me it's not parked outside my house, when it is. When i collected my car the dealer did tell me they were having some problems with the app but couldn't tell me when they would be solved.

• Like 1

It is crazy isn't it?

A simple App and it won't work.

After contacting the App direct (Toyota Europe) and also via a dealer (Toyota GB) hopefully someone will offer an answer.  Let's hope it won't be "just uninstall the app" or "upload the new app" as most IT things generally tell you to do.

as i have said before on this theme the app is crap, says the car is in another town, doesn`t record journeys , i live at no 8 the app tells me the car is at no10 or no7 which is 50 mtr  away  (so much for gps) its a joke we only use it now for a joke. 

The Speedtest program at Ookla.Com has a feature that shows 4g and 5g coverage for each mobile operator.  This will show no spots. 

Does the DCM module use any available signal or a specific one? 

15 hours ago, twintopp said:

as i have said before on this theme the app is crap, says the car is in another town, doesn`t record journeys , i live at no 8 the app tells me the car is at no10 or no7 which is 50 mtr  away  (so much for gps) its a joke we only use it now for a joke. 

Funny that. Works perfectly for me for the last three years.

8 hours ago, RabButler said:

Funny that. Works perfectly for me for the last three years.

Looking at most of the Toyota models owned, this appears to be more prevalent in my2022 cars with the new infotainment. 

On 5/26/2022 at 12:08 AM, Kental said:

Some posts I've seen say people can see information like low battery or car unlocked. Without the V5 or the car in front of you how can you fill in the version info or send and enter the mileage to activate the information? 

In the instances you mention the selling dealer has correctly linked the purchase to the customers MyT account meaning they do not have to verify the car and as the car is woken up during PDI it starts transmitting to the APP.

The fact you cannot verify suggests your dealer has not linked / verified your account

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 11:14 PM, Devon Aygo said:

In the instances you mention the selling dealer has correctly linked the purchase to the customers MyT account meaning they do not have to verify the car and as the car is woken up during PDI it starts transmitting to the APP.

The fact you cannot verify suggests your dealer has not linked / verified your account

Not in my circumstance...

It was working perfectly okay until Easter where it decided to be intermittent... and has been ever since.  2 days ago it tracked me to Birmingham... and up until this morning I was still there.  And it only registered my journey this morning outbound - but not return journey.  But it still maintians the fuel level as accurate.

The DCM signal is full strength too - and I have reinstalled the app as told to do but still not working.

On 5/30/2022 at 11:14 PM, Devon Aygo said:

Also the dealer does not have to register for you - you can do this yourself by entering your reg or VIN number - the app automatically registers the vehicle to your account once created (which you do initially).