Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rattle in C-HR

Spo2

Hi all,

I notice some sort of rattle from the rear/ boot area of the car when driving over uneven bumpy roads. Has anyone had this and have they sorted it out? Parcel shelf does not seem to be the culprit as I removed that to test. All seatbelts are fastened and nothing is in the boot.

Many thanks,

Sol

Very irritating when you get these rattles, especially when you can’t find the cause. I have a ticking noise from the seatbelt fixing area, and I also did hear a slight rattle over a bumpy road so will keep an ear out for it.

I have this too, but only every now and again. It happens so seldom I tend to ignore it now. 

I remember reading an article somewhere on the Interweb where the rattle was traced to an adjustment related to the mating rubbers on the rear door (see images). For the life of me, I can't remember where

boot_rubber-01.jpg

boot_rubber-02.jpg

👍

Let us know how you get on.

Mine seems to be a constant rattle now over any bumps or bad roads 😡

Make sure the seat belt buckle is not hitting the hard plastic. Hard to believe a design team would allow the buckle to rest on hard plastic so that on every bump the buckle makes a sound 

• Like 1

On 5/28/2022 at 9:42 PM, Big_D said:

👍

Let us know how you get on.

To the catches on the boot rims, I have applied Shin Etsu grease. I applied silicone spray on all rubber seals along doors and boot lid (grease would have been better but requires lots of effort) and to the seat belt clasps. So far it seems quiet but going to observe this for a while.

• Like 1

Seems like you may have nailed it 👍

8 hours ago, fourbanks said:

Make sure the seat belt buckle is not hitting the hard plastic. Hard to believe a design team would allow the buckle to rest on hard plastic so that on every bump the buckle makes a sound 

They do allow , for example if the passenger seat belt is not fastened, it is hitting the plastic of the B pillar. Not sure how was it my old Golf but it never rattled when seat belt was not fastened. Now I keep all seat belts fastened. 

1 hour ago, Spo2 said:

They do allow , for example if the passenger seat belt is not fastened, it is hitting the plastic of the B pillar. Not sure how was it my old Golf but it never rattled when seat belt was not fastened. Now I keep all seat belts fastened. 

On our previous Hyundai there was a loop of belt material sewn behind the belt which padded against the B pillar instead of the buckle rattling.  Simple yet very effective.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links