Jump to content
Do Not Sell My Personal Information


GR sport Bonnet Insulation Cover


Recommended Posts

Just to let you know that i have had the above installed for free by my dealer, despite it's only specified for the Excel only. 🙂 I put what I think was a good case for it to be fitted, and they agreed. Most people won't even notice it's missing or even care it's not on the specification for the GR sport, but I do and am well pleased with my dealer for taking my viewpoint in this matter 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Good job. I will mention that when my time comes to put an order for a new Corolla, this cover makes the car looks better. Taking into account I open the bonnet twice a week and it’s the most used door after drivers one having a cover will please me well 👌

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

Just to let you know that i have had the above installed for free by my dealer, despite it's only specified for the Excel only. 🙂 I put what I think was a good case for it to be fitted, and they agreed. Most people won't even notice it's missing or even care it's not on the specification for the GR sport, but I do and am well pleased with my dealer for taking my viewpoint in this matter 

Care to share your "good case" details Nick ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Good job. I will mention that when my time comes to put an order for a new Corolla, this cover makes the car looks better. Taking into account I open the bonnet twice a week and it’s the most used door after drivers one having a cover will please me well 👌

thanks tony 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, john p williams said:

Care to share your "good case" details Nick ?

i just stated john that with the GR sport being more expensive than the Excel, this type of specification should be standard for noise and heat insulation. On a technical level the bonnet now closes properly being heavier 

image.jpeg

IMG20220526173634.jpg

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

Pretty sure my March 2021 has it.

Think the 2ltrs have it, but the 1.8s dont

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Notfer said:

Think the 2ltrs have it, but the 1.8s dont

All 2.0 and 1.8 Excel have the mat.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Woofwoof said:

does it actually help for noise or make the car more economical due to retaining heat?

I don’t think so but when you open the bonnet and you have no cover the car looks unfinished and a class below, perhaps even Yaris has this cover. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TonyHSD said:

I don’t think so but when you open the bonnet and you have no cover the car looks unfinished and a class below, perhaps even Yaris has this cover. 

doesnt bother me

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

doesnt bother me

I know, and it won’t bother most owners and Toyota are making a huge savings on that. The things is that every little cut in terms of refinement and insulation when you add them together at the end may affect a bit the overall comfort and driving experience. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I know, and it won’t bother most owners and Toyota are making a huge savings on that. The things is that every little cut in terms of refinement and insulation when you add them together at the end may affect a bit the overall comfort and driving experience. 

True, while Toyota makes so high volume of cars, that every penny saved would add up, but they need to be a bit more customer centric.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share





×
×
  • Create New...




Forums


News


Membership