Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GR sport Bonnet Insulation Cover

fourbanks

Just to let you know that i have had the above installed for free by my dealer, despite it's only specified for the Excel only. 🙂 I put what I think was a good case for it to be fitted, and they agreed. Most people won't even notice it's missing or even care it's not on the specification for the GR sport, but I do and am well pleased with my dealer for taking my viewpoint in this matter 

• Like 1

Good job. I will mention that when my time comes to put an order for a new Corolla, this cover makes the car looks better. Taking into account I open the bonnet twice a week and it’s the most used door after drivers one having a cover will please me well 👌

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fourbanks said:

Just to let you know that i have had the above installed for free by my dealer, despite it's only specified for the Excel only. 🙂 I put what I think was a good case for it to be fitted, and they agreed. Most people won't even notice it's missing or even care it's not on the specification for the GR sport, but I do and am well pleased with my dealer for taking my viewpoint in this matter 

Care to share your "good case" details Nick ?

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Good job. I will mention that when my time comes to put an order for a new Corolla, this cover makes the car looks better. Taking into account I open the bonnet twice a week and it’s the most used door after drivers one having a cover will please me well 👌

thanks tony 🙂 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, john p williams said:

Care to share your "good case" details Nick ?

i just stated john that with the GR sport being more expensive than the Excel, this type of specification should be standard for noise and heat insulation. On a technical level the bonnet now closes properly being heavier 

image.jpeg

IMG20220526173634.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure my March 2021 has it.

11 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

Pretty sure my March 2021 has it.

Think the 2ltrs have it, but the 1.8s dont

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Notfer said:

Think the 2ltrs have it, but the 1.8s dont

All 2.0 and 1.8 Excel have the mat.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mine is the 2.0 so that explains it!

does it actually help for noise or make the car more economical due to retaining heat?

1 minute ago, Woofwoof said:

does it actually help for noise or make the car more economical due to retaining heat?

I don’t think so but when you open the bonnet and you have no cover the car looks unfinished and a class below, perhaps even Yaris has this cover. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TonyHSD said:

I don’t think so but when you open the bonnet and you have no cover the car looks unfinished and a class below, perhaps even Yaris has this cover. 

doesnt bother me

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Woofwoof said:

doesnt bother me

I know, and it won’t bother most owners and Toyota are making a huge savings on that. The things is that every little cut in terms of refinement and insulation when you add them together at the end may affect a bit the overall comfort and driving experience. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

I know, and it won’t bother most owners and Toyota are making a huge savings on that. The things is that every little cut in terms of refinement and insulation when you add them together at the end may affect a bit the overall comfort and driving experience. 

True, while Toyota makes so high volume of cars, that every penny saved would add up, but they need to be a bit more customer centric.

• Like 1