Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auris Scan tool

Bper

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced scan tool that will read and reset fault codes .

Cheers

Bob

19 minutes ago, Bper said:

Hi guys,

Can anyone recommend a good reasonably priced scan tool that will read and reset fault codes .

Cheers

Bob

Hi Bob, 

I personally use a Carista and have subscribed to their own app. They give almost dealer like option to scan, delete faults plus do some additional settings like auto lights , locking, ac automation etc. Here I have some example how it works. 

One of the latest reply has pictures attached with options that you can choose and adjust. 👍

• Like 1

I got a cheap generic scanner with a screen, that i carry in the car with me, i think it was Launch brand, not sure exact model, but was like 15-20GBP. 

At home i have Techstream cable, that works with Toyota's Techstream diagnostic (you need a laptop for it) and you get the same diagnostic tool as the dealer.

Cable is also like 15-ish GBP on ebay's and alike.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, furtula said:

I got a cheap generic scanner with a screen, that i carry in the car with me, i think it was Launch brand, not sure exact model, but was like 15-20GBP. 

At home i have Techstream cable, that works with Toyota's Techstream diagnostic (you need a laptop for it) and you get the same diagnostic tool as the dealer.

Cable is also like 15-ish GBP on ebay's and alike.

Hi Dean, is your Toyota's Techstream diagnostic compatible with Windows 10? or it only works with windows 7? 

On 5/27/2022 at 9:09 PM, Davidhee58 said:

Hi Dean, is your Toyota's Techstream diagnostic compatible with Windows 10? or it only works with windows 7? 

I don't have a newer versions because i have an older model. But it should work with win10.

I remember some workaround being needed few years ago.

Worst case, you install virtualbox with older windows, and install the tool there, it can work like that also.

• Like 1

I use a cheap generic "miniVC" clone Techstream cable, I used it with my win7 laptop at first, I was so impressed with it, s I bought an old XP Toughbook just for it.

• Like 1

I got the same one, bought it 3 years ago for 15 gbp on aliexpress.

Used few times, has enough info for a handheld device, and i like the screen, so you don't have to bother with phone connection.

Always keep it in the car.

I have the Techstream on an old XP netbook, Delphi diagnostic on the same netbook with it's own interface and Launch 129 diagnostic. 
I have had the Launch since 2015 (£175 back then) and has improved over the time with free updates, but Techstream is better, especially on Toyotas obviously. The Delphi I use the least. Weirdly I have done more mechanic work on other cars (non Toyotas) than diagnostics, so not used the equipment much recently - brother has a Micra and a Renault Grand Scenic, so has to do suspension work on the Scenic and wheel bearing on the Micra. When had to used the Techstream a few years ago, it was to sort out the Avensis EPB caused by the Launch. Yes the wrong tool used wrong can cause problems! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, furtula said:

I got the same one, bought it 3 years ago for 15 gbp on aliexpress.

I spotted the Launch 3001 on that well known auction site, yesterday, for £16 delivered. Item in U.K. (apparently).