Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T25 Petrol 2.0L Auto VVTI No start after shorting battery.

Cartweeker

Hi Folks, Shorted the positive to the bracket holding on the Battery while tightening the nut 😒 does anyone know the extent of the damage? Have I fried everything? It still turns over and sparks, so i guess the crank sensor is ok. Whats the best source for a workshop manual for this please? I bought an expensive tester so gonna check for signals at the injectors this weekend. 

1AZ-FSE, many thanks in advance. Checked all the fuses (unless theres a hidden one somewhere), all are ok. 

hi more than likely one of the larger fuses in the engine compartment fuse box is blown. 

• Like 1

I have done similar many years ago - shorted by tool touching the part of the alternator when draining coolant on old Avensis (7A-FE leanburn engine). I blew one of the fusible links. If the T25 is anything like the old T25 and uses fusible links, they are in the engine compartment fuse box and have a clear top, so easy to check if blown. The worst thing if a fusible link is blown, the fuse box has to be dismantled to replace that blown fuse, as it is bolted from underneath. 
from what the OP said, the positive terminal cover was not in place. This is why it is advised the remove the negative connection when working, especially near the Battery or main power circuits.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links