Do Not Sell My Personal Information

08 Auris (1.5L Petrol) copper spark plugs ?

Supaflymx101

Hi there

I am looking at changing my spark plugs for my 2008 Auris 1.5L Petrol 1NZ-FE.
I do an oil change very often and would like to change the plugs during this time. 
Just wondering if the Auris can take cheaper cooper plugs or does it have to be Iridium plugs and no other ? 
As i mentioned i prefer to change plugs during oil changes hence the Q.

thnx

I think even the copper plugs are to be changed 20k miles or so, so not every oil change.

Copper plugs would probably work just fine, but Iridium ones are not that expensive, to go with copper ones.

Also, Iridium ones are good for 100k miles. 

• Like 2

Thanks.
Do you or anybody know what NGK or Champion part number the copper plus would be , that would fit or be compatible for the 08 Auris ?

I personally use for my '08 Auris, Denso spark plugs, they are very good, last time I forgot to change them and worked for more than 30 k miles, when removed they still look all right. 

IMG_20220604_082215410~2.jpg

NGK are very good for VW group cars, I use this in my Seat. 

IMG_20220604_082345404~2.jpg

• Like 2

On 6/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, tavy said:

I personally use for my '08 Auris, Denso spark plugs, they are very good, last time I forgot to change them and worked for more than 30 k miles, when removed they still look all right. 

Great thanks. I will look up those part numbers from your screenshot 

On 6/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, tavy said:

so will Denso Spark Plug  K16R-U11 definitely work in a 2007 Auris 1.5L ?
Is the K16R-U11 Iridium or platinum  ?

Look in owner's manual what spark plugs are recommended for your engine. For my engine, 1.4 petrol this Denso are recommended. 

I think you can just look at the bottom of the spark. If it's pointy, then it's Iridium. It it's chunky, big, then should be copper.

The price should also let you know, Iridium ones cost like 8-10GBP per piece, whil copper ones are maybe that much for all 4.

• Like 1

Following on from Dean's post. 1st picture, Champion Copper Plus (not for a Toyota!). 2nd picture, Denso Iridium. Should be "gapped" correctly for their application out of the box. Advisable not to check or adjust.

champion.jpg

denso.jpg

Whatever plugs you decide to use best is always to stick with original Toyota ones but make sure you only buy them from well known official Toyota dealers otherwise you will be getting fake plugs which is the worst of all possible options. I personally buy my plugs from dealers through eBay sometimes with discount codes but always from dealers that also sells cars and spare parts. 🚗⚠️🚙

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Supaflymx101 said:

Is the K16R-U11 iridium or platinum  ?

I think is nickel. Before I fit the spark plugs, always check the gap, Iridium ones should have 0.7 mm and normal ones 1.1 mm . The gap increases in time with 0.2 ... 0.3 mm, you notices this when remove them for changing 

Copper tips tend to be better for motorsport as it's better at delivering a strong spark, but also needs replacing much more frequently than Iridium tips as it gets ablated away by the plasma arc from the spark. Iridium is very very heat and corrosion resistant so it can withstand being zapped repeatedly for far longer.

• Like 2

On 6/6/2022 at 5:22 PM, TonyHSD said:

Whatever plugs you decide to use best is always to stick with original Toyota ones but make sure you only buy them from well known official Toyota dealers otherwise you will be getting fake plugs which is the worst of all possible options. I personally buy my plugs from dealers through eBay sometimes with discount codes but always from dealers that also sells cars and spare parts. 🚗⚠️🚙

OEM fake parts industry is a rather big one. I think sometimes dealers also sell them unknowingly. 

Everyone is cost driven,  and they do a really good job at fabricating identical packaging and similar looking parts.