Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hub carrier compatibly

Qalf

I'm trying to buy a hub carrier (also called a stub axle) with the bearing in place, passenger front, for my MK2 2003 Avensis 1.8  auto. Does anyone know if the hub carrier from the 2006-2009 model is the same as the 2003 model and is there any difference between the diesel and petrol models? Any help much appreciated.

According to some spare part catalogs, at least the bearing is the same in all  1,6 - 2,0 T25 petrol models. The 2,4 petrol and 2,2 diesel models bearings are different, I think...

Same thing with the stub axle then, perhaps?

12 hours ago, Qalf said:

I'm trying to buy a hub carrier (also called a stub axle) with the bearing in place, passenger front, for my MK2 2003 Avensis 1.8  auto. Does anyone know if the hub carrier from the 2006-2009 model is the same as the 2003 model and is there any difference between the diesel and petrol models? Any help much appreciated.

In short no:

All petrol and 2.0 1CD diesel upto 2006 Model Change share stub

2006 Model change altered the setup to suit the 2.0 1AD diesel which shared with the petrols

all of the above share a wheel bearing

2.2 2AD was a unique stub & wheel bearing

Thank you for the info, So basically I need to find a 03-06 any model for a compatible hub, but nothing 06 onwards will fit.

When was the different 06 model introduced and is there a way to tell the difference between 03 and 06 spec models?

4 hours ago, Qalf said:

Thank you for the info, So basically I need to find a 03-06 any model for a compatible hub, but nothing 06 onwards will fit.

When was the different 06 model introduced and is there a way to tell the difference between 03 and 06 spec models?

Nearly, 03-06 1.6,1.8,20,2.4 petrol's or 2.0 1CD diesel are fine, avoid 2.2 2AD diesel. Facelift models are slightly different visually the easiest to spot is side repeaters move into wing mirrors 

18 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Nearly, 03-06 1.6,1.8,20,2.4 petrol's or 2.0 1CD diesel are fine, avoid 2.2 2AD diesel. Facelift models are slightly different visually the easiest to spot is side repeaters move into wing mirrors 

Thank you, that's a great help, hope to keep the old thing going a bit longer.

Do you want the hub or the knuckle ?

front hub - 43502-21010 £30-35 for a pattern part plus bearing

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links