Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T sport cv joints replacement

corradovr6

Anyone with experience of changing these? RHS one has started clicking slightly.  I am thinking of replacing the driveshaft and CV joint complete as opposed to dismantling and replacing the joint alone as it looks like it will be simpler.

Anything to be aware of and does the driveshaft just pull out of the gearbox (hence fitting will be tapping it back in)?  Presumably we'll have to be quick to avoid loss of too much gearbox fluid.

Many thanks in advance.

Make sure you replace it with a genuine complete shaft or rebuild it, had nothing but issues with aftermarket shafts.
While at it just replace the box oil.

I was thinking of using j&r trading. They have a good reputation in the vw circles, have you had any experience with them here at all?

Also, how much gearbox fluid is typically lost during a swop? I was looking to drain and refill this weekend and then take my time in getting the right driveshafts

If you just jack it up on the side you are going to be working on, you might not lose any oil.

• Like 1

ok thanks.  I'll keep the oil tray there just in case...