Do Not Sell My Personal Information

D4-D 100kW 2007 diesel engine and when I accelerate, it works fine until 1800-2000 rpms and after the vehicle is "waving"

atilius

Hello, I have an issue on my car. It is D4-D 100kW 2007 diesel engine and when I accelerate, it works fine until 1800-2000 rpms and after the vehicle is "waving" - I feel it moves little bit forward, backward, accelaration is lazy. It seems to me it is worse when engine is warmed, also maybe during raining days. 

I have no clue what it could be. Any suggestion and also how to verify it? 

Thanks, Martin

Could be the fuel filter getting clogged. When did you last replace it? Needs to be done every other service.

Good point. I have checked my records and If I didnt forget to write it, last replacement was done 90t km ago. 

At the risk of being amazingly presumptious I am a new member and very new owner of a 2003 dv d. Please check my first post, an air and fuel filter change completely whiped out the symptoms you describe. My car was nearly undrinkable....the air filter was incredibly clogged and changing it out and cleaning the sensors in the air intake made a noticeable difference but it still was running very badly. The fuel filter change was a revelation. My fuel filter, quite literally was more like an oil filter after 100k. The moment I changed that (plus another 2 hours to bleed the air from the diesel system!) it was a completely different car. 

Please note that I am a complete newbie to toyotas but if you look at my first post it might be that you have a similar problem? Apologies to all the experts on here if not.

Ta

Jim