Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone Holder for 2017 Yaris

Webskater

I can't find a phone holder that works in my 2017 Yaris. I have one in my Avensis that clips to the vents in the middle - but the vents in the Yaris are small and recessed back so, although you could get a phone holder to grip the vent, you can't get the phone into the holder. And there doesn't seem to be anywhere to stick one of those magnetic ones. Can anyone recommend one please?

What Bob said above! Best on the market.

PXL_20210102_084654181.thumb.jpg.42564e3ca884e5114ef0342d580e455c.jpg

• 1 month later...

That holder is different to the ‘one above’. Where did you buy it please? The one above puts the phone right in your face, as it were. 

5 hours ago, Webskater said:

That holder is different to the ‘one above’. Where did you buy it please? The one above puts the phone right in your face, as it were. 

Directly from brodit.co.uk

You need to select the holder and mount separately adding each to the basket at a time... (I've shown for my phone...)

image.thumb.png.449dada79ac5075ee9daec0a04bd4b4c.png

Then the ProClip to go with it... (centre mount in my case)

image.thumb.png.820c66796307f39abdc6dfe73d80191e.png

Using these two boxes one at a time... (yes, I know, it's a bit weird!)

image.thumb.png.de33df8786fd2f2b54f1605eba4b3256.png

Please note: the clip you see in my original photo above is the center clip for the 2020-> Yaris and is slightly different (it mounts lower down the dash) from the one you need for the 2017 model... (which I used to have myself in my last Yaris which was also a 2017 model)

image.thumb.png.1a30d87e582c3901f832e0e758dd599e.png

(this is the mount that you can't see behind my phone in that photo)

Hope this helps...

• Like 2

The Brodit system comes in 2 parts, the phone mount rotates, so you can have the phone in landscape or portrait

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I totally get your frustration with finding a suitable phone holder for your 2017 Yaris. Those small and recessed vents can be a real challenge when it comes to fitting a phone holder. I've been in a similar situation before, and it can be a real headache. If you're still on the lookout for a solution, I recently came across a car phone holder that might work for your Yaris. This holder is designed with flexibility in mind and should be able to adapt to the unique vent layout in your car. There is no need for sticking magnets or dealing with complicated installations.

I have one of these which fits into one of the cup holders  great if you are not wanting to use the phone as a sat nav but a little low if you do.

image.thumb.png.c13153bb6f3c5f2aaf03559d605bcb8a.png

You can get flat non slip bean bags with a plastic disc in the centre which you  stick the suction mount to  you can then put it anywhere on the dashboard and it doesn't move.

13 hours ago, Max_Headroom said:

You can get flat non slip bean bags with a plastic disc in the centre which you  stick the suction mount to  you can then put it anywhere on the dashboard and it doesn't move.

image.thumb.png.463b69babeac8fb183575b9c62c039cc.png