Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T on 2019 Rav4

DavidinDerbyshire

I know the app is mentioned in several places elsewhere on the Forum but can someone please re-assure me that I can register the app with my Rav Excel without being committed to a mental institution?    Where is that serial number it is demanding?  Why won't it connect with the internet?   Is any of it actually any real use?      And most of all, why does my device look nothing like the four shown in the app?

The easiest way to link your head unit to MyT in in car, close all open APP sessions on your devices, then in car ensure your phone is paired via bluetooth with mobile data on and bluetooth tethering if Android.

Press the physical setup button, then on screen scroll down on the left menu set looking for "Online" select this then select Toyota online, add your existing MyT username and password to the cars head unit and wait whilst it connects out, accept/agree any prompts if it connects you will see a confirmation once this is complete open your MyT app and it should prompt that a new device has been found accept/agree.

You could also instead of bluetooth use your phone as a WIFI hotspot or connect to an available WIFI network and perform the connection as above

Note Toyota provide 3 years free connected services / maps a 2019 car may well be outside of the free cover so you will have to pay for maps & connected services.

• Thanks 1

Thanks Devon Aygo.  After looking at cost/benefits of subscriptions (and looking as a pensioner at my other "subscriptions")  I shall give it a miss.  Love the car, love Toyota but the brand's websites and peripheral software give me the screaming eeby-jeebies. And I much preferred the sat-nav and display layout of the CR-H. It lets the Rav down, or at least in the 2019 model I have. 

The “MyT” app is a little disappointing having come from the Jaguar InControl app (which wasn’t perfect) but did so much more.

Its ok while it’s free but as it stands, I don’t think I’d subscribe to use it.

• Like 1

Problems with logging in yet again this evening ☹️

9 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Nothing new there then, especially it seems if you’ve just had work or a service done on the car.

11 hours ago, Hayzee said:

Possibly Toyota messing around in the background again. I had a couple of new buttons appear this morning....

Screenshot_20220601-074401.thumb.png.647924ad62d36a611582c088ce1540cb.png

There's the "unlock charging station" which appears to take you through to a subscription service for Toyota Smart Charging. Looks like Toyota are having there own service linking multiple charging networks together in one payment service. But they want £4.95 per month for the pleasure (1 month free for the PHEV and 6 months for a full BEV). Also, the little plug next to "where to?" which opens the map and shows charger locations. I assume only ones Toyota are linked to with their new service.

3 hours ago, ernieb said:

Nothing new there then, especially it seems if you’ve just had work or a service done on the car.

Another 2 trips missing from yesterday too....the first and last one of the day😕

Colin, have you reported the missing trips using the support link in the MyT app, I figure that the more people who report problems the more likely we are to get a better product?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, ernieb said:

Colin, have you reported the missing trips using the support link in the MyT app, I figure that the more people who report problems the more likely we are to get a better product?

Will do today Ernie

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ernieb said:

My experience is that they will take no notice whatsoever. Whoever makes the cars is totally unrelated to whoever provides the "aftercare". 

I’m pretty sure the app will have been sub contracted to a developer but like most things if no one makes a noise nothing must be wrong. I also tend to the view that I can moan if I’ve let them know there is a problem.

I’ve done some beta testing in the past and I wonder just how much testing is being done before updates are released or are they using the live data base as the testers. I realise it’s not easy test using every types of phone, software combination but the current score card must surely read ‘must do better’.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links