Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris MK4 comes with a spare wheel!

ParisYaris

Just want to say that Toyota has made the right decision to put in a spare wheel rather than a repair kit.  It was one of the deciding factors apart from the good return MPG that help me to go for it. 

Yep, it’s just a great little car all round 

Yes! I was also pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of a real spare wheel.

21 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yes! I was also pleasantly surprised by the inclusion of a real spare wheel.

Well it’s a spare wheel in the modern sense in that it will get you home safely until you get the puncture properly repaired. But it’s not the old style full sized spare wheel that we were used to back in the day. But it’s a mileage times better than the gunk alternative.

• Like 3

I don't know if it's unfortunate or not, but we traded our spare wheel for a panoramic roof. It's a pity the Yaris has no spare when fitted with a panoramic roof

• Like 1

The fact that some have it at least means you can still add one aftermarket, either order the wheel, jack, tool, spacer and foam inserts from toyota or wrangle from a third party supplier.

Some people negotiated it as part of the purchase to be fitted post delivery so as not to mess up the homologation paperwork.

• Like 1

True. We'll probably looking at getting one fitted. 

• Like 2

Yes, definitely a good idea having a spare wheel over the tyre sealant, any loss in mpg over the ownership of the car with carrying the additional weight is worth it. 

• Like 3

I don't think the weight of the spare wheel will affect my personal mpg that much. As you say, rather safe than sorry. Both my wife and I know how to change a tyre, and have done so in the past.

Neither of us have used a tyre sealant system unless you count tyreweld, which I used once and it failed miserably.

• Like 1

Well, apparently having a panoramic roof or wide tyres and big rims somehow hurts the mpg more than the spare wheel so it can't be that bad!! :laugh: 

• Like 1