Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

No Intercooler Space

NDR008

Hi, I'm getting a 4E-FTE for my corolla (instead of its carbed 2E :D ), and what i was told to look out for is the space of the intercooler, the intercooler is mounted on top, and i don't want to scoop the bonet.

The stock intercooler is quite thick, so it might not fit infront, so what could i do? is there some other intercooler that might be good? or what? any ideas, please just post them.

buy a custom intercooler and get some custome pipework made up

Use an intercooler form a Rover 220 turbo (tomcat) and sit in front of the lower part of the radiator in the big hole in the front bumper, you will need one long and one short (ish) hoses or custom fabricate the straight bits from polished stainless and join at the bends with fre-fab bends (samco or similar)

there is someone on the lexus forum that may well have a spare TTE intercooler , having had an uprated TDI intercooler fitted to his IS200

let me know if your intrested i will pass on his email

Thanks for the quick repsonse, i just wanted vague ideas for now, as soon as i get the actual engine now, i'll bug you guys more ;) (but now i am 100% that i am going for a 4E-FTE, and something will be done for the cooler for sure).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links