Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

15 hours ago, Spo2 said:

With the Li-battery, I think the 2-litre version might be like the 1.8 litre version with the battery under the bonnet and more space in the boot.

I'm not sure about this. The traction Battery, whichever type, is mounted under the rear seat.

In the 2.0 there is just not any space under the bonnet to install the 12v 'accessory' Battery with the physically bigger engine and hybrid drive system so it has to go either under the boot floor as in the hatchback or in the side compartment as in the TS. So unless there are some major changes to the drivetrain and / or body architecture then I guess these limitations will remain.

• Like 1

Just read the info for this new corolla. 

As above the boot will remain the same size for the 2.0. 

12.3" fully digital driver display and 10.5" media display are great, plus other safety features. Now the power of the 1.8 is more better at 140hp, 2.0 go up to 196hp, while emission remained the same for the 1.8, 2.0 lowered by 3mg co2. 

The new 5th generation hybrid have very much improved, really like the tech/power train improvements. 

• Like 1

Tempted by this, looks like some significant upgrades, haven’t even picked up my MY22 model yet and already got an eye on its replacement.. 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Should we expect the list prices to change with the 2023 refresh? I was about to order a 2022 TS excel but now I'm getting cold feet. There was a great interest rate available and 4k off the list price but still... is it going to cost me a lot more if I wait for a 2023 refresh?

23 hours ago, StreetHawk said:

Tempted by this, looks like some significant upgrades, haven’t even picked up my MY22 model yet and already got an eye on its replacement.. 🙄

Same here!!!

On 6/5/2022 at 9:20 AM, Bozz said:

I'm not sure about this. The traction battery, whichever type, is mounted under the rear seat.

In the 2.0 there is just not any space under the bonnet to install the 12v 'accessory' battery with the physically bigger engine and hybrid drive system so it has to go either under the boot floor as in the hatchback or in the side compartment as in the TS. So unless there are some major changes to the drivetrain and / or body architecture then I guess these limitations will remain.

The photo still shows the raised boot floor.

The TS facelift they just ruined it didn't even bother to show the full car in pictures lol

Looks great, sadly the CO2 is going to be way above our companies limit of 73 that is being introduced soon.

So I won't be able to pick it in 2 yrs  🤨 (or anything else within the  rough £35000 spend limit for that CO2!)

On 6/7/2022 at 12:23 PM, frizzbee30 said:

Looks great, sadly the CO2 is going to be way above our companies limit of 73 that is being introduced soon.

So I won't be able to pick it in 2 yrs  🤨 (or anything else within the  rough £35000 spend limit for that CO2!)

Going to have to be a plug in to get to those levels

• Like 1

Mmm, I could so be tempted when mine comes up for renewal next year. Suddenly everything that was "wrong" (in the loosest sense) looks right.

7 hours ago, newda898 said:

Mmm, I could so be tempted when mine comes up for renewal next year. Suddenly everything that was "wrong" (in the loosest sense) looks right.

I don't see the auto door lock when driving off feature mentioned? Unless I missed that somewhere!

I like the changes and finally we're getting blind side monitoring and the ability to use start/stop and warm up car before journey, from the app! The alloys are nice, but I still prefer the current GR Sport alloys. I also like how the GR Sport will now get bi-LED headlights too! 

Liking the new headlights, infotainment screen and wireless charging. Not sure how I feel about the wheels on the GR Sport and those gauges.

Obviously any improvements to the hybrid system is a plus and I like the sound of more power and lower/same emissions and the shift to lithium ion batteries.  

I assume this new spec will also have an increased price to match? 

5 hours ago, TIL said:

Liking the new headlights, infotainment screen and wireless charging. Not sure how I feel about the wheels on the GR Sport and those gauges.

Obviously any improvements to the hybrid system is a plus and I like the sound of more power and lower/same emissions and the shift to lithium ion batteries.  

Nothing I’ve seen to date will indicate the UK GR Sport will gain different headlights, specs are not confirmed.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kental said:

Nothing I’ve seen to date will indicate the UK GR Sport will gain different headlights, specs are not confirmed.

Hope it does. Always found it strange how Euro spec GR Sports get the Bi-LED headlights while they're exclusive to the Excel here.

It's the same with the Golfs.  In the UK the R-Line is more expensive than a Style, but has lower kit including the more basic headlights from the Life model.

For anyone who's debating wether to wait or not, it's forecasted that the current world situation isn't going to get better anytime soon, if anything it's getting worse. 

The 23 Corolla won't be available to order until Q1 of 2023, plus your average 4-6 (sometimes longer for the 2.0) month waiting time... You'll likely be waiting until the back end of 2023, at the very earliest and I can only expect them to bump up the cost of due to newer innovation. I'm sure the 21/22 corolla had a price bump a few month ago? 

As much as I like the changes, I'm happy with my 2022 Corolla for now. I've waited long enough 😂

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Should be looking at a 1.8 Corolla later this year once local dealer gets a demonstrator, missus has decided it's the perfect car for her.

Be even more perfect for her if the employee discount scheme restarts.

• Like 1

I am so excited with the update of the 1.8L engine.  9.2 second from 0 to 60 mph is a big improvement vs pre-2023, 10.9s.  We know that the 1.8L consumes less fuel than 2.0L, for about 0.5L /100 Km in highway speed 130km/h.   I think I do not miss the 2.0L anymore and we know that the 4th gen hybrid with 1.8L is proven to be really reliable in 4th gen Prius.  Better infotainment screen is also a welcome update.  

The 1.8L engine is ancient and pretty easy to work with because of simpler port injections only.  If we always drive with 4 adults in it, the 2.0L may be a better choice but not for a commuter car.

• 3 weeks later...

My next car will be a BEV and beginning to look like not a Toyota. Oh well.

• Like 1

I intend for my next car to be a BEV but I'm happy to wait until they suck less. It helps that the Mk4 is awesome so I can wait as long as needed!

I've no interest in any BEV until Toyota solid state Battery technology is ready / available.

• Like 1