Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

23 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

With these new upgrades Toyota just nailed all other cars in this segment 100% this time. 👍

I am holding on until prices are release to make judgement. 

• Like 1

On 8/17/2022 at 2:01 PM, 50p said:

Not quite .. still no auto lock when driving away or heated steering wheel.

Don’t understand the bit about “auto lock”, do you mean the doors lock when you start to move? My 2019 Excel does this!

11 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

Don’t understand the bit about “auto lock”, do you mean the doors lock when you start to move? My 2019 Excel does this!

Lucky you ! I thought only the RAV4 had the auto lock, it's such a glaring omission in a 21st century car !

11 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

really, my 2020 Excel doesn't and as far as I was aware it has never been available on the Corolla?

Lucky you, I'm envious 😟

13 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

Did you do anything about it , or that’s just how did you received it ? 

When my 2020 excel went in for its first service I asked for global opening and the auto locks to be enabled. The global opening was done but I was told by the main dealer (and by forum members)  that auto locking was not available on any recent Corolla. Maybe a 'foreign' spec one slipped through?

30 minutes ago, 50p said:

When my 2020 excel went in for its first service I asked for global opening and the auto locks to be enabled. The global opening was done but I was told by the main dealer (and by forum members)  that auto locking was not available on any recent Corolla. Maybe a 'foreign' spec one slipped through?

No idea, it has done it from new, November 2019. I just assumed they all did it. As I’ve said before, I’ve come from Citroen, and that’s been a feature of them for years and always thought ALL modern car did that. It can be a pain when picking people up ‘cos you have to remember to unlock.

Could it be activated/deactivated using the lock/unlock buttons on the door?

3 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

Could it be activated/deactivated using the lock/unlock buttons on the door?

sadly not ☹️

Maybe a dumb question (!) but what is TSS3 on the spec? Tried googling but not much came up!!

1 hour ago, Tiguan69 said:

Maybe a dumb question (!) but what is TSS3 on the spec? Tried googling but not much came up!!

Toyota safety sense 3

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Tiguan69 said:

image.thumb.png.247417acff7e5df71c54e44f7aa0cd57.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Is MYT Climate Control where you can cool or warm the car remotely before getting in?

11 minutes ago, Tiguan69 said:

Is MYT Climate Control where you can cool or warm the car remotely before getting in?

This option is coming on 2023 models 

18 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

This option is coming on 2023 models 

Thanks - and does it heat / cool remotely via an app?

1 hour ago, Tiguan69 said:

Thanks - and does it heat / cool remotely via an app?

It should be as this is what I understood and it’s shown on the brochure. Someone can correct me if I am wrong . My gf’s car has that option and it’s super cool 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

£35k for an excel TS brand new????  Last time I looked before we got our used TS(for 23k), the brand new one was around 30k.

What are they thinking? 

• Like 1

Prices have certainly gone up quite a bit. The entry level TS Icon is now £30945. Granted, this is more comparable to the previous Icon Tech specification and it has the new drive train etc., but still. No details about any finance offers etc. are available yet, so it will be interesting to see if the APR is also higher.  

• Like 1

Usually there is 0% pcp from September but who knows, this year maybe different, anyone seen a price list yet? Anyone know if TS Excel has full leather seats and if in rear too ?

29 minutes ago, simond64 said:

Usually there is 0% pcp from September

Usually the marketing campaigns are quarterly - so the next change will be October.

• Like 1

Interesting, currently there are no sales or offers for the Corolla at all on the Toyota website

No sign of employee discount scheme availability at moment either. 

Much that I would love a my23 with the updated engine, when I ordered my Corolla in beginning of February it was £27345 list.

6.5 months later it lists at £31180.

I got 0%, a £1000 deposit allowance and a very favourable discount from Listers Lincoln. I cant see those being as generous when the new model is released. Personally it doesn't matter how improved the car is, it is just too expensive for a relatively cramped hatchback.

• Like 2

On 8/19/2022 at 2:59 PM, 50p said:

I don't understand the reason Toyota doesn't have auto locking across the board. I had an audi A1 in 2015, it was the base spec, it has auto locking doors. I would very much want this feature with any car I buy. 

There is a ODB device that can do the door locking. The one I had other features, i.e turn on the hazard lights when reversing, which I didn't like at all, so I sold it.