Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

So Toyota have been recently charge £120 to pick up cars? I thought it was collection cost from your home/work when the lease has come to an end etc, damn. This is probably to do with cost of living, but it's not good, it's like a service charge for using the fuel pump at the petrol station. 

15 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

So Toyota have been recently charge £120 to pick up cars? I thought it was collection cost from your home/work when the lease has come to an end etc, damn. This is probably to do with cost of living, but it's not good, it's like a service charge for using the fuel pump at the petrol station. 

No, it is listed under 'End of contract' terms. 

I got information this morning that the 1.8 GR Sport Hatchback I ordered on 28th April will no longer be coming and customers who placed an order around this time are being changed to MY23 specification. I will receive the updated details on Friday including anticipated change to finance deal. They’ve said there will be an increased cost, and I have said “I assume Toyota will be contributing to the cost difference as it is their problem not mine”.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

They can increase the cost, if you check the MY23 specification it’s a significant improvement, the prices went up about 2% so it may not be too different, they will say you can cancel if unacceptable. I’d be disappointed getting a MY22 so close to the release of MY23

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Managhbeg said:

I got information this morning that the 1.8 GR Sport Hatchback I ordered on 28th April will no longer be coming and customers who placed an order around this time are being changed to MY23 specification. I will receive the updated details on Friday including anticipated change to finance deal. They’ve said there will be an increased cost, and I have said “I assume Toyota will be contributing to the cost difference as it is their problem not mine”.

Somehow I see this coming down to each dealership individually ….. how come others who placed an order almost the same time already received their cars / others being quoted the same delivery time ?! 

• Like 1

I don’t think Toyota will contribute but instead they may offer to cancel the order without loosing the deposit. These days nothing it’s smooth anymore including buying new or used cars. 

4 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I don’t think Toyota will contribute but instead they may offer to cancel the order without loosing the deposit. These days nothing it’s smooth anymore including buying new or used cars. 

Yes, my Toyota contract actually states this. However, this is different from VW, for example, where the price is locked in at the time of purchase (save for changes to VAT etc. outside their control).

• Like 1

I am waiting on a call from my Toyota dealer today to talk me through what they are proposing to do about the change in spec from MY22 to MY23 for order placed on 28th April. There are a couple of things I want to check out:

- that the new monthly finance figure is as close as absolutely possible (no BS’ing me) to the original deal agreed in April

- that the specs are as close as possible to the MY22 GR (obviously engine is a big upgrade); however I suspect the MY23 Excel trim might be closer to MY22 GR? 

- that I will not be put to the back of the queue by agreeing to any changes i.e. I want to confirm that I am not cancelling my original order and re-ordering. Rather, I am accepting changes made by Toyota to my original order.

• Like 2

Biggest change in GR spec for 2023 is that it looses the head up display but gains electric tail gate. 

1 hour ago, Managhbeg said:

I am waiting on a call from my Toyota dealer today to talk me through what they are proposing to do about the change in spec from MY22 to MY23 for order placed on 28th April. There are a couple of things I want to check out:

- that the new monthly finance figure is as close as absolutely possible (no BS’ing me) to the original deal agreed in April

- that the specs are as close as possible to the MY22 GR (obviously engine is a big upgrade); however I suspect the MY23 Excel trim might be closer to MY22 GR? 

- that I will not be put to the back of the queue by agreeing to any changes i.e. I want to confirm that I am not cancelling my original order and re-ordering. Rather, I am accepting changes made by Toyota to my original order.

I would also ask them to guarantee the price, i.e. that you are not hit again in case there is a price increase before delivery. With inflation etc., a further price rise before the likely delivery date of March 2023 seems inevitable. 

• Like 2

I have a MY22 GR & have a MY23 Excel on order, Toyota caused confusion as they said HUD on both models but now might only be the Excel. 
Read the terms, mine says they can only change price if the estimated delivery date is exceeded , mine says deliver March23, then it’s restricted to 2% a month. MY23 have gone up in price but the spec is better

1 hour ago, TonyHSD said:

Biggest change in GR spec for 2023 is that it looses the head up display but gains electric tail gate. 

Excel also gets better headlights with adaptive system, Ive not been able to find a full model spec list yet. I’d also like to know what is in the TSS 3 pack in detail.

JBL option has disappeared on all models.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, simond64 said:

Excel also gets better headlights with adaptive system, Ive not been able to find a full model spec list yet. I’d also like to know what is in the TSS 3 pack in detail.

JBL option has disappeared on all models.

I’ve ordered an Excel. It is obvious that there is confusion on what the detailed specs are for M23. I cannot believe that the GR spec for 23 loses so much, hud, heated seats….. Can someone post detailed spec as soon as known please 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Niky said:

Yes I just got this emailed through from the dealer today. He said any unfulfilled MY22 orders will be top of the queue for January to March 2023 delivery of the MY23. He also said the ability for them to quote for the finance on the switchover hasn't been enabled on their system yet. Should know more by Wednesday next week.

31 minutes ago, Managhbeg said:

Yes I just got this emailed through from the dealer today. He said any unfulfilled MY22 orders will be top of the queue for January to March 2023 delivery of the MY23. He also said the ability for them to quote for the finance on the switchover hasn't been enabled on their system yet. Should know more by Wednesday next week.

Thank you for the update. Their statement about the finance quote is interesting - it was available on the Toyota website until a few days ago and I also received a finance quote from my dealer for MY23.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Jackfire said:

Thanks but that’s not detailed and I think not correct. Looking for full details like in a brochure 

I’m not convinced Toyota have decided on the final spec given they won’t begin production until January, I wish they would add or give the option for a spare wheel, models seem to have the space for them, trk are a waste of time and mostly destroy the tyre. 
From that brochure several possible features of TSS 3.0 are missing like panoramic view and lane change assist

One of my work colleague ticked the no cost spare wheel option box when he ordered his new 23 MY Corolla TS Design 1.8 company vehicle. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

One of my work colleague ticked the no cost spare wheel option box when he ordered his new 23 MY Corolla TS Design 1.8 company vehicle. 

That’s interesting, I’ve ordered my23 2.0 TS Excel & was told there was no option for a spare wheel at all which is odd as I have one in my22 2.0 GR HB

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simond64 said:

That’s interesting, I’ve ordered my23 2.0 TS Excel & was told there was no option for a spare wheel at all which is odd as I have one in my22 2.0 GR HB

May I suggest you keep your spare wheel for the my23 2.0 TS Excel? I did this when I last changed vehicles and I kept the boot liner aswell. ☺️

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, bigblock said:

May I suggest you keep your spare wheel for the my23 2.0 TS Excel? I did this when I last changed vehicles and I kept the boot liner aswell. ☺️

Not sure I’d get away with that as trading under PCP, so not mine to keep really

• Like 1

What I'm missing in the my23 specs is the option to have the AVS. Does anybody know whether there will be an option to order it?

• Confused 1

Has anyone had a TS with a panoramic roof? If so, would you recommend or not? Any issues to look out for?