Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

13 hours ago, Dylanfan said:

What is AVS?

Just Googled that - could be 'Adaptive Variable Suspension' ??

14 minutes ago, dannyboy413 said:

We don't get that on UK spec Corolla - it is available on some Corolla over in certain European locations.

14 hours ago, dannyboy413 said:

Yes, that's it - an amazing feature and the reason I preferred Corolla over C-HR.

14 hours ago, forkingabout said:

We don't get that on UK spec Corolla - it is available on some Corolla over in certain European locations.

Ah ok, didn't know that thanks. Now is seems it is not available even for EU MY23. 

1 minute ago, Andinhovsen said:

Yes, that's it - an amazing feature and the reason I preferred Corolla over C-HR.

Ah ok, didn't know that thanks. Now is seems it is not available even for EU MY23. 

I would not take that even Toyota pay me to have it, I chose  Toyota for simplicity and reliability, if I want an air suspension and all that failure points I will rather buy Audi or Mercedes, or perhaps Lexus 😉👍

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

if I want an air suspension and all that failure points I will rather buy Audi or Mercedes, or perhaps Lexus 😉👍

Funny you should mention that.  One reason I sold my Merc.  A few months before I noticed one end sagging.  Very worried but after a journey it was OK, even next day. I didn't know about the pneumatic. 

The car had 185,000.  It was a slow leak and not vital.  I kept it for a few more months.  My garage said the problem was the pneumatic pump might burn out and require a much more expensive repair.  A pair of bellows would be £650.  For a 15 year old E Class it was time to say goodbye. My garage gave me £1,000 for it. 

• Like 3

Thanks for the reply. My Xantia V6 has the famous hydro active suspension that is controlled by computer. It changes depending on how you drive and the type and condition of road. Although people are scared of it, it is super reliable and cheap to maintain. 
Pot holes, what pot hole😁

• Like 3

On 9/21/2022 at 1:32 PM, TonyHSD said:

I would not take that even Toyota pay me to have it, I chose  Toyota for simplicity and reliability, if I want an air suspension and all that failure points I will rather buy Audi or Mercedes, or perhaps Lexus 😉👍

I agree with Lexus, but Audi or Mercedes is a joke right? 😀 

I couldn't help myself here, the difference in handling is huge 😊 and if they wear out too soon and new will be too expensive, I just replace it with some Bilsteins. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

PCP offers updated this morning, interest rate gone up from 1.9% to 4.9%, however Toyota contribution increased from £1250 to £2250. Carwow has updated prices

It's why we were keen to get on Listers price fixed for 12 months deal.

The Toyota configurator is a mess, they have updated some parts but not others, impossible to tell what is standard equipment now, the pictures show MY22 but the engine options are updated to MY23. GR Sport shows HUD but it’s only Excel that has it now. 

They have also taken away the finance illustration so you can’t see the GFV’s and work out how much you’ll pay. 

• Like 3

Toyota UK website designers should be fired or paid more.  It’s a joke for such a big company to have such a low quality web design management. If you check other countries Toyota websites you will notice the difference. 

• Like 1

It’s not just the website that is out of date, dealers don’t have detailed specification for MY23, you order blind, they can’t tell you much about what will be in safety sense 3 and don’t t know if spare wheels will be an option, it’s not the dealer fault, management of Toyota U.K. is poor

• Like 2

I see the MY23 Corolla was launched in Japan overnight, it'll be interesting to see if the UK configurator suddenly starts showing the 2023 spec........ I hope it will as this lack of a 2023 spec when deciding between sticking with the MY22 order or switching to MY23 is getting a bit silly

• 2 weeks later...

MY23 models don’t have parking assist which was on MY22, but do have front and rear sensors with intelligent clearance sonar. 
BSM & RCTA is on excel only
Toyota also confirmed there is no option of a spare wheel on the Excel TS,  not sure if this applies to all models

HUD is on the Excel only, my22 was GR Sport only

AHS - adaptive headlight system is on Excel only, the other models have auto high beam

3 hours ago, simond64 said:

Toyota also confirmed there is no option of a spare wheel on the Excel TS,  not sure if this applies to all models.

Was a no cost option on 23MY 1.8 Design TS when my work colleague put his new company car order in the other week.

It did state it does reduce boot storage space.

13 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

Was a no cost option on 23MY 1.8 Design TS when my work colleague put his new company car order in the other week.

It did state it does reduce boot storage space.

This is a 2l TS excel, maybe it’s due to the Battery

So, presumably the dealerships will be looking to off-load the old model Corolla? What deals are likely to be available, or is it worth waiting for the new model?

The daughter is well in the notion of changing asap, though she was being quoted 8 to 9 months delivery on a Corolla estate.

Thoughts, please.

Currently, with the supply situtation as it is, most dealers won't have much, if any, stock of MY22 cars to offload.

As has happened previously orders for MY22 cars will be fulfilled until production of MY23 cars begins. Then orders will be fulfilled with MY23 cars.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Currently, with the supply situtation as it is, most dealers won't have much, if any, stock of MY22 cars to offload.

As has happened previously orders for MY22 cars will be fulfilled until production of MY23 cars begins. Then orders will be fulfilled with MY23 cars.

Any update on full specs of M23? Brochure?

1 hour ago, Jackfire said:

There does not appear to be a new brochure yet, but the specs are available on the Toyota UK website under new cars. It takes a bit of digging, but they are there.

1 hour ago, RabButler said:

There does not appear to be a new brochure yet, but the specs are available on the Toyota UK website under new cars. It takes a bit of digging, but they are there.

Please explain where the my23 specs are, there is a paragraph on the website warning they are my22 specs, I haven’t seen anything there for my23 yet

17 hours ago, Jackfire said:

the my22 brochure didn't appear until June this year so I wouldn't hold my breath.

15 hours ago, RabButler said:

New grade structure and equipment features

The new Corolla has a revised grade structure, with new equipment features introduced at most levels.

Entry is Icon grade, with new standard features including: –

• 16-inch silver alloy wheels
  • 12.3-inch driver’s combimeter
  • Smart Connect multimedia system with 10.5-inch screen and navigation
  • Wireless charger
  • Smart entry
  • Front and rear parking sensors with Intelligent Clearance Sonar
  • Scuff plates
  • Upgraded remote services
  • These are in addition to LED headlights, front fog lights, dual-zone automatic air conditioning, a reversing camera and heated front seats with adjustable lumbar support.

Design grade adopts the same new information, multimedia and comfort features and builds on the Icon specification with new black/machined 17-inch alloy wheels, bi-LED headlights, rear privacy glass, auto-folding door mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, ambient cabin illumination and an auto-dimming rear-view mirror. An optional panoramic roof is available.

An even more premium specification is provided on the Excel models, introducing dark grey/machined 18-inch alloys, adaptive headlights, sports seats with leather upholstery, power front seat lumbar adjustment, head-up display, rear seat air conditioning control, power tailgate with kick sensor, Blind Spot Monitor and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. A panoramic roof and bi-tone paint finish are offered as options.

The GR Sport keeps its external and interior sports styling features for the new model year plus new 10-spoke 18-inch alloys and GR sports seats with part-leather bolsters. In other respects, it matches the Design grade specification, with the addition of a power back door with kick sensor for the Touring Sports model. Customers can specify a bi-tone paint finish with Ash Grey and Pure White with Eclipse Black being combinations exclusive to GR Sport.

22 hours ago, simond64 said:

Please explain where the my23 specs are, there is a paragraph on the website warning they are my22 specs, I haven’t seen anything there for my23 yet

See below from Kental and also the other thread on the subject!