Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

I have received this from Toyota:-

I do apologies the spec for the Corolla M23 isn't available to build on our website yet however, I can confirm this will be updated from February 2023.

It makes me wonder when they are going to start building M23’s?

3 minutes ago, Jackfire said:

I do apologies the spec for the Corolla M23 isn't available to build on our website yet however, I can confirm this will be updated from February 2023.

!Removed! useless.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello,

as i'm waiting myself for a Corolla TS (ordered end of march, est. delivery mid february), i would like to share this press release from Toyota Italia (where i am from): 

https://newsroom.toyota.it/toyota-annuncia-i-listini-della-nuova-gamma-corolla-per-il-2023/#

Key points:

- Two versions (Active and GR Sport)

- Base one will have new engine, digital cockpit and infotainment, TSS3.0 and smart entry system

- Optional tech pack with BSM, front and rear parking sensors with park assist, wireless charger, electric tailgate, heated mirrors at 1000€

- Base 1.8 hatchback (Active) starting from 32500€ list price. 1000€ more for Touring Sports

11 minutes ago, gk6a8 said:

Hello,

as i'm waiting myself for a Corolla TS (ordered end of march, est. delivery mid february), i would like to share this press release from Toyota Italia (where i am from): 

https://newsroom.toyota.it/toyota-annuncia-i-listini-della-nuova-gamma-corolla-per-il-2023/#

Key points:

- Two versions (Active and GR Sport)

- Base one will have new engine, digital cockpit and infotainment, TSS3.0 and smart entry system

- Optional tech pack with BSM, front and rear parking sensors with park assist, wireless charger, electric tailgate, heated mirrors at 1000€

- Base 1.8 hatchback (Active) starting from 32500€ list price. 1000€ more for Touring Sports

However, grades and specifications will vary from country to country, so what features may be available in Italy, may not be available in the UK.

Yeah sure, it was only for comparison and indication of pricing as of november. I was hoping myself for parking sensors to be included from the base for 23 spec (if i manage to get it), but unfortunately they will not be included, at least in Italy 😅

In the announcement it is also confirmed that the delivery of the new model will start from march 23.

On 11/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, Jackfire said:

Oh Mod edit, seriously!? My first experience with buying a new Toyota is already getting me wound up! 

Just had a reply from Toyoyta UK re the MY23

"Current ETA for the Corolla would be May 2023." 

8 minutes ago, solfer said:

Just had a reply from Toyoyta UK re the MY23

"Current ETA for the Corolla would be May 2023." 

For clarity, that was for orders placed today. They've only just confirmed this with me. 

On 11/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, Jackfire said:

Hi all,

Been doing the rounds of various dealerships lately, and was very impressed with my test drive experience in a Corolla 2.0 (2022MY, of course). 

I'd very much like to try the MY2023 version, not least because of the promised upgrades to power.

Similar to everyone's experience it seems, the dealer was unable to confirm the specification details and, when pressed as to when I could actually see and drive one, came up with February 2023-ish.

With the lack of information on spec, lead times, etc and thus inability to come up with a P/Ex on my present car, they were obviously unable to come up with a firm deal, but still somehow seemed to think I might give them an order!😀

4 hours ago, Wetherfell said:

Hi all,

Been doing the rounds of various dealerships lately, and was very impressed with my test drive experience in a Corolla 2.0 (2022MY, of course). 

I'd very much like to try the MY2023 version, not least because of the promised upgrades to power.

Similar to everyone's experience it seems, the dealer was unable to confirm the specification details and, when pressed as to when I could actually see and drive one, came up with February 2023-ish.

With the lack of information on spec, lead times, etc and thus inability to come up with a P/Ex on my present car, they were obviously unable to come up with a firm deal, but still somehow seemed to think I might give them an order!😀

The updated 2023 Corolla 2.0 will be almost the same as current car in terms of drivability, performance and efficiency. The 1.8 variant has marginal difference and it may offer slightly better power and acceleration. Both variants though will have new li-ion batteries and new more powerfully electric motors, part of the next generation 5 hybrid drive train. Both variants may benefit from better sound proof of the cabin too, but this is yet to be confirmed when more test drives happens. If you are happy with 2022 model, the 2023 will be all that plus the few more new things and completely re design dashboard instruments with latest Toyota tech., this is perhaps one of the interesting future along with gen 5 h and new Battery. 👍

• Like 3

I think Toyota falsely claim the 5th generation hybrid system that probably only minor update on the 2.0L version.  The Prius 2023 will be available only in Plugin 2.0L engines,  220 HP and as efficient as 4th gen Prius.  That's what I consider to be the actual 5th generation Hybrid. The same fuel consumption  as the 1.8L but much better power, 220 HP vs 122 HP.  I have no idea how Toyota can leap that far. Besides that, it can have solar-panel roof which really help in extreem climate in heat management to cool down the hybrid Battery when parking.  The main cause of hybrid Battery degradation is heat, especially constant heat under the sun when parking outside.  

Typical 2nd gen and 3rd gen Prius Hybrid Battery last about 11 years in hot climate, Florida, California, Arizona, Texas regardless the mileage.  In mild climate like UK/Ireland and mostly Western Europe, the hybrid battery last at least 15 years.  That's why UK/Ireland can have 15 years Hybrid battery warranty.  

I believe the 1.8L version is the best deal for now with 1.7s better acceleration from 0 to 60 mph.  The 2023 Corolla is mostly better ECU tuning and minor update on the Li battery. 

• Like 1

On 11/28/2022 at 7:11 PM, TonyHSD said:

If you are happy with 2022 model,

Ah, there's the rub.

To briefly expand on where I'm coming from: I've driven many 2 pedal cars over the last 50 odd years, but never been motivated to actually own one.

However, the decrease in availability of manual transmission, plus the increase in arthritis in my clutch foot, is making me consider the switch. And if I'm looking at automatics, it seems logical to consider CVT hybrids so I've had a look at the Corolla and new Civic and been quite favourably impressed with both.

As things stand, I prefer the drivetrain and dash of the Civic, but on the downside it has grown rather larger than I need now.

I preferred the more manageable size and general "feel" of the Corolla, however, so am hoping the upgrade may tip the balance.

Fortunately I'm in no rush so am content to wait until February or whenever to try the 2023MY finalise my thoughts! 

• Like 4

I think Honda new Serial hybrid is much better than their failed IMA system pre-2014. It is as refine and as effisient as 4th gen HSD Toyota.   The 5th gen HSD is still better than Honda newest hybrid system in effeciency.  The main cause I do not buy Honda is direct injection only engines.  it is about time when it will need intake valves cleaning, which is not cheap but not terrible expensive.  It is probably as cumbersome as cleaning EGR in 1.8L 3rd Gen hybrid in Prius3 and Auris. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AisinW said:

The main cause I do not buy Honda is direct injection only engines. 

The petrol direct injected Peugeot 308 Purecrap 130 I used to own made it to 34k miles before requiring the inlet valves decoking. 

D-4S was another reason I got a Toyota.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, forkingabout said:

The petrol direct injected Peugeot 308 Purecrap 130 I used to own made it to 34k miles before requiring the inlet valves decoking. 

D-4S was another reason I got a Toyota.

What I heard from Honda owners and forums, the carbon build up in Honda is not that chronic. It is probably in the tange of 100k miles, similar to cleaning EGR valves and cooler. 

• Like 1

My dealer said MY23 final specification won’t be available until later in January, sounds like they will be rolling off the production line before we are told. I’m hoping they will keep the spec from the September bulletin and maybe add some mystery extras!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, simond64 said:

My dealer said MY23 final specification won’t be available until later in January, sounds like they will be rolling off the production line before we are told. I’m hoping they will keep the spec from the September bulletin and maybe add some mystery extras!

Or perhaps remove some extras and increase the prices again. 🫢

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Current offers have interest rates between 5.9% and 9.9% depending on model.

• Like 2

MY23 2.0 TS Excel doesn’t have the option of a spare wheel, however my dealer suggested moving the 18 inch space saver wheel from MY22 2.0 HB, anyone done this or have an excel my22 TS, although that has 17 inch wheels, picture show the well looks big enough for even a full size tyre, although the foam for the jack etc won’t fit, not sure if the wheel will rattle in the TS as seems no way to screw it down which is the case in my hb. The hb has the 12v Battery in the wheel well, unsure where it is in the TS?

• Like 1

Only around 10% of all Corolla's built in the UK are for the UK market. So we are not a priority as far as production goes niether are we a priority regarding spec's I shouldn't wonder.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/6/2022 at 5:34 PM, simond64 said:

MY23 2.0 TS Excel doesn’t have the option of a spare wheel, however my dealer suggested moving the 18 inch space saver wheel from MY22 2.0 HB, anyone done this or have an excel my22 TS, although that has 17 inch wheels, picture show the well looks big enough for even a full size tyre, although the foam for the jack etc won’t fit, not sure if the wheel will rattle in the TS as seems no way to screw it down which is the case in my hb. The hb has the 12v battery in the wheel well, unsure where it is in the TS?

You can get any used 16" wheel 205/55R16 as your spare wheel. It fits perfectly in Corolla and Auris TS.  You can get cheap alloy wheel with tires installed and balance from eBay, gumthree, facebook, etc.  Any japanese car fits perfectly and the nuts from Toyota will fit right on.  I used Mazda3 wheel on Corolla and Nissan Altima wheel on Sienna.   Just lay it down and you can add some filler to keep it sliding.  I use my jack, spare clothes, bandaid, toolset bag, etc as the filler.  We do not need TPMS sensor for spare wheel and it can run as normal tires without 50mph speed limit. Way cheaper $20-$50, way safer than donuts tire. 

On 12/7/2022 at 7:37 PM, bigblock said:

Only around 10% of all Corolla's built in the UK are for the UK market. So we are not a priority as far as production goes niether are we a priority regarding spec's I shouldn't wonder.

Is the Government secretly trying to stop us from buying cars? I wouldn't put it past the 🤬 .

• Like 1