Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

11 hours ago, YarisHybrid2016 said:

Is the Government secretly trying to stop us from buying cars? I wouldn't put it past the 🤬 .

It's more likely it's got the wrong Badge on the front.

People really want a German Badge especially if it's the 4 ***** rings of Audi.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, forkingabout said:

It's more likely it's got the wrong badge on the front.

People really want a German badge especially if it's the 4 ***** rings of Audi.

I have never understood why, over priced, over hyped. In the last Which survey there wasn’t a German car in the top half for reliability, the highest one was Skoda with Audi and Merc close to Tesla, Jag and Land Rover at the bottom.

• Like 2

Audi pulled an absolute blinder back in the day when they somehow persuaded the FOMOs that their rather dull FWD hatches were better than anyone else's.  I've driven a few and I was always "meh".

Having said that, I had a 2008 Merc C-class, just a basic C220CDI, but it did drive really nice.  It was smooth, wafty, and there is something about a long bonnet and RWD that makes you think of luxury and just feels good to drive.  Total money-pit mind, I'd never have another used one.  But I can see why people like MB and BMW.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

I do feel there is some truth in that; German cars are much more highly regarded here, even despite all the cheating and decline in reliability.

There is a very noticeable general pro-german anti-Toyota bias in the automotive press - Even when the GR4 came out, which is arguably one of the most significant performance cars to come out this decade, they didn't even really acknowledge it until it gained so much traction in the car scene that they were forced to, and still managed to find as much fault with it as possible (I still can't get over how reviewers were complaining about things like rear passenger space and how the car had too much grip :wallbash:)

But every time a new Golf comes out they're all over it like it's the new messiah!

• Like 4

I've noticed today that the Corolla brochure has been removed from the toyota website (it was still there last time I looked, just before xmas). Hopefully that means there should be some more meaningful information on the MY23 specs soon.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nick_1979 said:

I've noticed today that the Corolla brochure has been removed from the toyota website (it was still there last time I looked, just before xmas). Hopefully that means there should be some more meaningful information on the MY23 specs soon.

Yes, the Corolla isn’t there so hopefully my23 brochure will appear soon. Also look out for the pdf user manual

• Like 2

The Corolla PCP deals have gone from the Toyota website today, cash deal still there, Maybe interest rates are being updated, Excel TS 2.0 seems to have gone up £600

• Like 1

Toyota Corolla 2023 has the best dashboard of all new Toyota cars 

• Like 8

Great video. Thanks for sharing, great to see door auto lock is a driver selectable feature now…can’t wait to get it!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ic2 said:

Great video. Thanks for sharing, great to see door auto lock is a driver selectable feature now…can’t wait to get it!

Oops, this is from Europe, it might not be available on uk specs cars. But most other functions. I think this digital dashboard and the new power train as hybrid Battery bare the biggest changes in this new model that really worth attention. 👍

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, ic2 said:

Hold your horses 😉 the car in the video is not UK spec - not saying that it won’t have it , but don’t take it for granted like I did with ordering Excel and assuming it has wireless charging … not that it’s a deal braker or anything like that , but I was surprised paying the highest UK spec having less than other European countries 🤷‍♂️

• Like 3

I find it strange the UK Toyotas have a lower spec than Europe when European cars, Citroen in particular have a higher spec for the UK.

• Like 3

I'm sold, it's great to finally see what the new UI/UX is going to be on the in-car stuff!

"shut up and take my money" 😄

• Like 1

I'm based in ireland, and im trying to decide between a second hand Corolla Touring Sol (second half 2022) for 33k euros or wait for a new 2023 Corolla Touring Sol (41k euros), nearly 8k of a difference !! I know its a difficult question to answer but do people think that the 2023 version will be that much better than what was released in 2022 ?

• Like 2

Are you going 1.8 or 2.0? The 1.8 looks like a significant improvement in all areas but the 2.0 looks more incremental. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, StreetHawk said:

Are you going 1.8 or 2.0? The 1.8 looks like a significant improvement in all areas but the 2.0 looks more incremental. 

its the 1.8 model, there is very little 2.0 on the irish market

• Like 1

Dealer has just rung me regarding my 1.8 Icon TS order.

I'd complained as they had initially said that there were no parking sensors at all (despite info from Toyota).

He's confirmed it will have them front and back and that wireless mobile charging pad will also be there.

Says delivery will be April but when I said it will be more like July there was a nervous laugh and he said 'yeah probably' (ordered in sep).

Wait and see. Don't expect to see it anytime before then.

• Like 2

Great demo of the new display panel.

Is replacing the economy meter with a tachometer display an option? I much prefer the tachometer on my Corolla to the economy meter on my old Yaris!

• Like 1

Is this for real ?! 

Simple Intelligent Park Assist is not available for MY23 Corolla.

1 hour ago, DC_Ms said:

Is this for real ?! 

Simple Intelligent Park Assist is not available for MY23 Corolla.

Correct the function was little used (owners were surveyed and vast majority never used it) and the microprocessors can be better used. MY23 will have front & rear parking sensors with (PKSB) parking brake support but will no longer be able to self park.

• Like 3

I probably wouldn’t use 1/3 of the extras that new cars come with. Wouldn’t mind if there was an option to select what do you prefer to have the car as extras on top of the default safety ones and make some savings on cash and delivery time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Devon Aygo said:

Correct the function was little used (owners were surveyed and vast majority never used it) 

Had my C-HR since last April & I've never once pressed the button to try the function out.

10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I probably wouldn’t use 1/3 of the extras that new cars come with. Wouldn’t mind if there was an option to select what do you prefer to have the car as extras on top of the default safety ones and make some savings on cash and delivery time. 

The problem is the price is going up and things are getting removed 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DC_Ms said:

The problem is the price is going up and things are getting removed 🤷‍♂️

I never use the SIPA but they could’ve offered the better advanced park assist with 4 cameras for 360 view , this is a £100 option on the Yaris Cross

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links