Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

You cannot build a Corolla on the UK Toyota web at the moment. Maybe they are upgrading to M23 spec builds

• Like 2

That's good to see TBH.  I've seen 1st Nov mentioned as when they will start building to 2023 spec.

I've seen all the chat about spec and yes, there are things I wouldn't want to lose, but for me I'm more interested in the powertrain upgrades, especially the lighter but more powerful Battery and motor meaning it uses the ICE less.  That's what I'm looking forward to the most.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Yugguy1970 said:

That's good to see TBH.  I've seen 1st Nov mentioned as when they will start building to 2023 spec.

I've seen all the chat about spec and yes, there are things I wouldn't want to lose, but for me I'm more interested in the powertrain upgrades, especially the lighter but more powerful battery and motor meaning it uses the ICE less.  That's what I'm looking forward to the most.

I do not think it use the ICE less, overall, as the emissions - at least for the 1.8 - are the same. The higher capacity is needed because the electric motor is more powerful. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jackfire said:

You cannot build a Corolla on the UK Toyota web at the moment. Maybe they are upgrading to M23 spec builds

I’ve just checked, you can build but it has not been updated

57 minutes ago, bunnyrabbit03 said:

I do not think it use the ICE less, overall, as the emissions - at least for the 1.8 - are the same. The higher capacity is needed because the electric motor is more powerful. 

All the drive reviews of the 1.8 say the same, ice used less due to the better electric.  Emissions are less and mpg is better.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Yugguy1970 said:

All the drive reviews of the 1.8 say the same, ice used less due to the better electric.  Emissions are less and mpg is better.

Ah, I thought only the new 2.0 had less emissions and better mpg compared to the current model, not the 1.8. 

1 hour ago, Yugguy1970 said:

Perhaps in town drive 

3 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

What do you think about the video. 

I'd say that the new civic is propably a better choice, i haven't seen it in person but from the video i really don't like the looks of it but it's apparently better handling better quality and quite a bit faster than the corolla. I'm not sure about the economy but i think it's similar with the 2.0 hybrid of the corolla. At the end of the day though i'd propably still go for the corolla because the technology has been proven time and time again while honda only just came up with their hybrid configuration, but as i said the honda apparently beats the corolla in areas that i personally look for in a car. Oh and the kia is ok too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

I'd say that the new civic is propably a better choice, i haven't seen it in person but from the video i really don't like the looks of it but it's apparently better handling better quality and quite a bit faster than the corolla. I'm not sure about the economy but i think it's similar with the 2.0 hybrid of the corolla. At the end of the day though i'd propably still go for the corolla because the technology has been proven time and time again while honda only just came up with their hybrid configuration, but as i said the honda apparently beats the corolla in areas that i personally look for in a car. Oh and the kia is ok too.

Honda indeed has stepped up their game with the hybrids but Toyota for me is still the best hybrid system. Also except the acceleration anything else is subjective and it’s purely Matt’s personal opinion and choice. Honda is very good but the Corolla for me is the best in its class. This Honda is more like Jetta Octavia and Corolla saloon type than a typical hatchback. 

10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

What do you think about the video. 

Can't stand Matt Watson as I find him annoying so I'll pass.

• Haha 1

I haven't seen any reviews of the new 2.0 UK Corolla drive, I don't think anyone's got their hands on one yet.  My dealer says they might get one sometime in December, when they do I'm going to go down and have a drive.

• Like 1

Another refinement and difference  in the new Corolla except the new 5 th gen hybrid system it might be the sound proofing. The review of the Corolla cross from Germany has very positive comments about that matter, therefore hopes the normal Corolla will be improved. 

• Like 2

Everyone is aware that the Corolla in the review is a my22.

• Like 1

The Mk4 has made me more appreciative of good sound damping... they really need to do something about how obnoxious that engine is when it's charging in stationary traffic!

I sometimes get looks from the person in front as they think I'm revving at them deliberately!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jackfire said:

Have dealers stopped taking M22 orders?

I think all orders now are for 2023 models only. The tech specs been updated, engines power too. 👍

6 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I think all orders now are for 2023 models only. The tech specs been updated, engines power too. 👍

Not sure where you get this. On the Toyota UK site it clearly says it is the 22 spec (front info and build) and the order may be built to 23, dealer will advise 

They have been taking MY23 orders since the summer. According to their Facebook site, orders at the start of October were estimated delivery of April 23 so no chance of MY22.

I’m waiting to find out if my order for a 1.8 TS Design placed on 4th May will be the last of the 22 or first amongst the  first of the  23. 

The website is a mess - pictures and some specs relate to the MY22 but the engines have been updated to the MY23 options and performance figures. Any brochures still link back to MY22 too. There are lots of comments about this further up this thread.

• Like 5

So I am a bit dissapointed. Ordered in March, got a call from my dealer that I can get model 2023 or decline my order. The surcharge was about 500 EUR, which is  fine.
However there are 2 problems for me with the 2023 model:

1) The new hybrid system seems to be less fuel efficient. I ordered Corolla for a nice affordable and reliable sedan car with a great fuel efficiency. It seems the drop in fuel efficiency is over 1 liter per 100km even slightly more. Let me know in what the 2023 is better than the 2022 model. The new model even loses its digital look inside... and has a key?

2) Still no info when the car will arrive. As far as I understand it may arrive after March 2023, which is over 1 year in waiting time.

In conclusion, not what I was looking for to be honest.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ianderson said:

So I am a bit dissapointed. Ordered in March, got a call from my dealer that I can get model 2023 or decline my order. The surcharge was about 500 EUR, which is  fine.
However there are 2 problems for me with the 2023 model:

1) The new hybrid system seems to be less fuel efficient. I ordered Corolla for a nice affordable and reliable sedan car with a great fuel efficiency. It seems the drop in fuel efficiency is over 1 liter per 100km even slightly more. Let me know in what the 2023 is better than the 2022 model. The new model even loses its digital look inside... and has a key?

2) Still no info when the car will arrive. As far as I understand it may arrive after March 2023, which is over 1 year in waiting time.

In conclusion, not what I was looking for to be honest.

Ummm, what? Are you in europe? Because the new generation hybrid system will be more fuel efficient with more power. The dashboard is going to be fully digital with a bigger infotainment system. What do you mean it will have a key?

13 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

Ummm, what? Are you in europe? Because the new generation hybrid system will be more fuel efficient with more power

Corolla 2022 had about 52/53 mpg combined with the old generation hybrid system
Corolla 2023 has about 45/47 mpg combined with the new generation hybrid system

How is this more fuel efficient?

Maybe you're using the extra power a bit more?  😁

Well from reviews i've seen the car stays in ev mode way more than the previous generation so i expect that it will be more fuel efficient. It also has a lighter Battery while also having higher capacity. Where did you get the mpg figures? After a quick search i haven't found any official wltp figures, a link would be helpful. It would be really weird for the new generation to be that much less fuel efficient, over 1 liter per 100km is crazy i think.

8 minutes ago, King Crimson said:

Well from reviews i've seen the car stays in ev mode way more than the previous generation so i expect that it will be more fuel efficient. It also has a lighter battery while also having higher capacity. Where did you get the mpg figures? After a quick search i haven't found any official wltp figures, a link would be helpful. It would be really weird for the new generation to be that much less fuel efficient, over 1 liter per 100km is crazy i think.

Based on the data available on the Toyota UK website, the MY23 1.8 Corolla has similar consumption and emissions as the MY22 Corolla. This would imply that Toyota increased the overall performance of the car to encourage especially drivers who are used to turbo diesels to switch to a hybrid, rather than keep the existing performance envelope and decrease fuel consumption.  

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links