Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

17 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

It’s a joke seriously. The worst is that used ones that are 1-2 years old are even more expensive than the new one if there are any available to buy immediately. People should stop buying cars is the only way forward so the market can stabilise and things smothered and prices set to more normal levels. A member here said -“ been lowest sales on record “ , well agreed but that is because you don’t have stock and I am talking about completely different situations when there will be plenty of new and nearly new cars but no customers, until then forget about any good deals. 

Here an example what I called a good deal and how was in uk in 2019 

Mercedes c class C180 SE 9G tronic auto list price of £33000 sale price through broker £22500 brand new car savings of £10500 , delivery 1-2 weeks. https://www.drivethedeal.com

The Mercedes is a seriously good deal, Tony 👍 Yes, it is easy to forget how much lower prices were even three years ago - never mind interest rates etc. 

I just checked on Motorway and my Corolla (one year old with 12000 miles) has not depreciated at all 🧐

• Like 3

What's even funnier is all these random youtube and press etc. people saying that the bubble is about to burst and there's going to be a price crash or that prices are already dropping and now is the time to get a car etc.

Honestly makes me wonder whether we are living in the same reality :laugh: 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Cyker said:

What's even funnier is all these random youtube and press etc. people saying that the bubble is about to burst and there's going to be a price crash or that prices are already dropping and now is the time to get a car etc.

Honestly makes me wonder whether we are living in the same reality :laugh: 

Absolutely, who the same people who explain Toyota hybrids cvt transmission been smooth while going through gears 😂👌 . Less you watch these clowns better be informed and live happier life 👍

• Like 1

The new models are now on the Toyota website. Showing standard features by model, press summary & save to see detailed list. 
It appears the ambient lighting is now white and not clear if it appears on the doors, May be just the front cup holders and open tray.  
The Excel and GR Sport have IPA Intelligent Parking Assist, that sounds different to the my22 SIPA and may just be the 4 sensors front and rear with sonar clearance. 
USB C chargers front and rear in excel

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Its about time they update their website to show the new model. Hope we wont wait  for another six months or more for delivery 

• Like 1

Hi, it’s been updated yesterday, although there isn’t a brochure yet, all the images and specs have changed to the MY23.

• Like 2

Prices are even higher with the latest update since yesterday. 
Excel TS now cost over £35000 money easily bought you a rav4 back in 2020

• Like 1

It is how it is @TonyHSD how much do we pay now for gas , electricity , so on and so on … ?! No point of stressing about the prices - like you said , it is not a good time to buy cars , only if it’s a must 🤷‍♂️

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DC_Ms said:

It is how it is @TonyHSD how much do we pay now for gas , electricity , so on and so on … ?! No point of stressing about the prices - like you said , it is not a good time to buy cars , only if it’s a must 🤷‍♂️

You are right👌 , not stressing at all, just not very happy the direction  we are going. Well, that is the life 👍

• Like 4

This will be my first hybrid.  I knew the 12v Battery would be small, but according to the spec sheet it is 4Ah. 

I know it doesn't have to do very much, but that was a surprise.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, marlot said:

This will be my first hybrid.  I knew the 12v battery would be small, but according to the spec sheet it is 4Ah. 

I know it doesn't have to do very much, but that was a surprise.

I stand ready to be corrected, but I think that they're referring to the Li-Ion drive Battery there. A bit confusing since that capacity is normally given in kWh.

The 12v Battery isn't particularly beefy, but it is still car sized (somewhere about 50Ah I think). 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Don Mac said:

I stand ready to be corrected, but I think that they're referring to the Li-Ion drive battery there. A bit confusing since that capacity is normally given in kWh.

The 12v battery isn't particularly beefy, but it is still car sized (somewhere about 50Ah I think). 

Having done a little more reading, I believe you are right.  600V, 4ah = 2400kWh. 

1 hour ago, marlot said:

600V, 4ah = 2400kWh.

A typo, its 2400 Wh or 2.4 kWh which is about one tenth the capacity of something like a Nissan Leaf EV.    

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mooly said:

A typo, its 2400 Wh or 2.4 kWh which is about one tenth the capacity of something like a Nissan Leaf EV.    

Oops.  Yes!

• Like 2

Would have been nice though. A range of around 8k on Battery alone. Next century for that methinks...

• Like 3

Not sure if this question has been covered before but does anyone know what make of tyres are fitted to the MY23 Corolla's. I would think that it's those Falken's again but I guess may come down to what the factory can get at the moment.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, bigblock said:

Not sure if this question has been covered before but does anyone know what make of tyres are fitted to the MY23 Corolla's. I would think that it's those Falken's again but I guess may come down to what the factory can get at the moment.

Same Falkens as before. Skip to 1:45 for the tyre. 

On 2/2/2023 at 12:25 AM, Auris2010 said:

Its about time they update their website to show the new model. Hope we wont wait  for another six months or more for delivery 

Had a random phone call from my dealer this morning -quoting 6 months delivery on the 2023 Corolla Touring Sport!  

• Like 3

On 1/28/2023 at 9:11 PM, TonyHSD said:

Prices went up a lot plus the deals aren’t attractive anymore. High interest rates, no deposit contributions etc. Anyone bought a new Toyota 2019-2021 are real winners and they should keep their cars until 2030. 

I didn't want to say this myself, but I came to this conclusion too re keeping the car. I bought my Excel HB in June 2020 on a zero-percent finance deal with Toyota UK, with my old car as a large deposit. I don't see any such financing deals on offer today. After three years, my contract ends this coming June. Tempted though I am on the latest Excel, I'm going to keep my current one. Planning on another two years so making five years in total. Depending of course on what happens over the coming years, and what things look after after that.

Maybe in 2025, EVs will be a more serious consideration for me than they are today.

• Like 5

How are you going to keep it, are you paying off the final GFV payment to own the car outright or extending the existing deal?

I am on the same situation, whether to keep the car and buy it outright. You cant extend  the 0% deal it will be the present interest rates when you want to extend it. Not unless you have the savings to pay the final payment. Even if you take a loan it will be the same thus was forced to swap it for my23 HB excel 2.0. But now having second thoughts  to stay with Toyota or Honda hybrid or keep the car

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Auris2010 said:

Not unless you have the savings to pay the final payment. 

One thing I made sure of before ordering the vehicle - have the CBP tucked away safely for the end of the agreement. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, forkingabout said:

One thing I made sure of before ordering the vehicle - have the CBP tucked away safely for the end of the agreement. 

CBP?

Contract Balloon Payment

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links