Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New 2023 Corolla announced

Rhysm

On 6/2/2022 at 10:15 AM, DavidTC said:

Apparently it will have a new digital cluster, I assume it will be similar to the upcoming corolla cross

There are also rumours of it having blind spot monitoring 🥳

I have that in my corolla gr sport plus 

Seen MY23 1.8L GR sport trim HB on a dealership. 
the driver instrument display and infotainment  is big upgrade and looks nice but for me the infotainment screen placement looks awkward since now it has a bigger screen on my opinion. 
tyre still wrapped with Falkens

no HUD definitely on GR trim

the bitone paint, the first part of the A and C pillar are wrapped not painted. Can easily noticed it. 

the headlamps looks great than my19 trim

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Auris2010 said:

Seen MY23 1.8L GR sport trim HB on a dealership. 
the driver instrument display and infotainment  is big upgrade and looks nice but for me the infotainment screen placement looks awkward since now it has a bigger screen on my opinion. 
tyre still wrapped with Falkens

no HUD definitely on GR trim

the bitone paint, the first part of the A and C pillar are wrapped not painted. Can easily noticed it. 

the headlamps looks great than my19 trim

I have a MY22 bitone hb and the paint is not a wrap, the whole car is painted then the roof has an additional coat for the bitone. 

• Like 2

The one on the dealers is definitely wrapped. Not the roof itself of course the lower part of the A pillar and C pillar 

1 hour ago, Auris2010 said:

Its is Paint, the car first goes down the production line and is painted fully in the main body colour, then bi-tone cars receive an extra process where the bi tone is painted on top before clear coat, this results in an edge which can be felt and the assumption it is a film applied.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Devon Aygo said:

Its is Paint, the car first goes down the production line and is painted fully in the main body colour, then bi-tone cars receive an extra process where the bi tone is painted on top before clear coat, this results in an edge which can be felt and the assumption it is a film applied.

Ohh my mistake. It felt like a wrap film. 

When I bought my car in 2019, the salesman (read, boy) told me the bi-tone was a wrap. Because I ordered the moon (read, sun) roof I couldn’t see the point of having it done. If I’d known it was painted I may have gone for it.

Looking at the April 2019 brochure it says “Bi-tone paint option is only available on Excel Hatchback”.

So it looks like it definitively is paint, good old sales.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dylanfan said:

When I bought my car in 2019, the salesman (read, boy) told me the bi-tone was a wrap. Because I ordered the moon (read, sun) roof I couldn’t see the point of having it done. If I’d known it was painted I may have gone for it.

Looking at the April 2019 brochure it says “Bi-tone paint option is only available on Excel Hatchback”.

So it looks like it definitively is paint, good old sales.

Sadly it’s only available on the hatchback and not Touring Sports in the U.K., I’ve seen TS in bitone in other countries, it’s a shame as it looks great. 

• Like 1

I got some touch up paint for my bi tone scarlet flare and it consists of 2 pots of red marked 1 and 2 and clear coat this is not from Toyota.  I've not used it yet.

Mine is a bi-tone sterling silver body with black roof and pillars. It is all definitely paint, not any kind of film wrap. You can't tell from a photo of course but here's my car anyway 🥰

20230117_103939-web.jpg

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links