Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Flat battery

Lou9890

Hi everyone

Some advice please.

This will be a silly question to most but where would you connect jump starter pack to a 2021 2.0l corolla. 

Only picked  it up a few days ago and it's been parked since and seems like the Battery is flat.

Thank you 

Louis 

Assuming you can get into the bonnet (Open the driver-side door with the physical key and pull the bonnet latch), you can connect the black/negative lead to a handy metal part (I think there's a nut nearby).

For the positive/red lead, there is a [+] terminal in the fusebox (IIRC on the RHS in the Corolla) - Open the fusebox and look for a red block with a + on it that flips up like a zippo lighter - Open that to expose the metal [+] terminal

With the 12V supply connected securely (Important! You don't want the leads falling off and shorting out something important in the car!), you should be able to get in the car, hold down the brake and turn it on as normal. When it's on, get out and disconnect the jumpstarter and close everything up.

Now you should leave the car On for at least 30 mines, if not an hour. This is a good time to go for a joyride around some fun roads for a while :naughty: 

• Like 3

under the bonnet main fuse box the terminal has a red cover on it, ground to anything metal (not the inverter) it should all be in your user manual, if the Battery is under the bonnet positive to positive on the Battery, negative to the engine or chassis

• Like 1

Thank you will have a look. I'm a newbie to the hybrids and was surprised it went flat after 3 days 

Yeah, quite a few people have had this happen sadly.

I think they're being left sat and not being charged at dealers and during transport, so when they get to customers the Battery level is already very low.

With my Yaris Mk4 I took it on a 2 hours hoon across the countryside as soon as I picked it up so gave it plenty of time to charge, but people that just take it straight home and park up seem to be most at risk of the dreaded flat 12v.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Cyker said:

Yeah, quite a few people have had this happen sadly.

I think they're being left sat and not being charged at dealers and during transport, so when they get to customers the battery level is already very low.

With my Yaris Mk4 I took it on a 2 hours hoon across the countryside as soon as I picked it up so gave it plenty of time to charge, but people that just take it straight home and park up seem to be most at risk of the dreaded flat 12v.

Tomorrow evening we will see if my car will start after a week without use, holidays are good thing though 🏝⛱🛫  Wish me luck😀 

• Like 3

Good luck! But I'm sure you'll be fine... a week? Pah! 'tis but a scratch! :laugh: 

• Thanks 1

My issue was not the Battery in the end. It is the remote fob not starting the car.i put the remote over the start button and it picks it up an car starts. Thought it should have picked it up even if the fob was in my pocket.

Thanks again for the help.

2 hours ago, Lou9890 said:

My issue was not the battery in the end. It is the remote fob not starting the car.i put the remote over the start button and it picks it up an car starts. Thought it should have picked it up even if the fob was in my pocket.

Thanks again for the help.

It certainly should have picked it up in your pocket. Check in the configuration menus (via the instrument pack) that the keyless system has not been disabled. Or maybe the Battery in the fob is very low? Or that the keyless function on the fob has not been turned off (unlikely as single press on any of the fob buttons should have woken it up). Any few things to look at anyway…. Hope you can get it sorted out. 

• Like 1

And try the other key too. 

• Like 2

Thank you all for the advice. Will give them a look.