Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My T App - Door not shut

David Cross

I have a new Yaris Cross. Occasionally the app sends me a notification that one or more of my doors is not shut properly even though they all are and car is locked. Anyone else had this? Is it a bug in the app?

Do you arrive at a destination & then open a rear door to load / unload something? 

Next time you get the message, refresh the vehicle info screen on your phone ( can take a good few seconds to communicate with the car ) & see if it then reports back the vehicle is locked. 

Happens on drivers door. Have tried opening and closing each door but I mainly just use drivers door and get message then. Wierd

Next time it does, refresh the app screen so the phone updates the vehicle status & see if it then reports it's locked.

If you swipe down on the info screen ( mine shown below ) in your My T app it will reconnect with your car & update its current status.

It can take a good 10 - 30 seconds depending on signal to update.

Screenshot_20220602-185615.png

Thanks. Will try that but the notification specifically says door not shut properly as opposed to car unlocked. Yea 

Enjoy your car David and I'm sorry to be a bit negative.

Surely it's not reached the stage where an app. warns of a door not shut properly?

I'd uninstall it! The app., not the door.:ph34r::laugh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links