Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brake Upgrades

Yaris WRC

does anyone know what size the brakes on say a corolla or yaris verso are etc and what will fit onto the yaris?

i know there is big brake conversion available but u need to go bigger than 15 inch wheels to fit them and i dont want that.

Apart from the Yaris the only other 4 stud toyota is the Corrolla.

The t sport version will have bigger brakes for sure but then it does have 16's (Although they look like 13's on the 'rolla!!)

Some measuring is needed I reckon! Maybe a lesser rolla with 15's will have bigger brakes than the YTS anyway but I could be wrong. :thumbsup:

Very true, but the tiny calipers on the Yaris soon overheat with a 10-15 minutes of use... a set from a Starlet Turbo maybe? That's the same 4x100 hub...

theres a conversion on eBay at the min

Link

i was supposed to be buying this but di to lack of funds and maybe a lack of yaris in the future i didnt get chance to buy

ive seen it up close though and it is top quality :yes: but i believe you will need 16-17 inch wheels

Very true, but the tiny calipers on the Yaris soon overheat with a 10-15 minutes of use... a set from a Starlet Turbo maybe? That's the same 4x100 hub...

That's true! I can hardly touch my front wheels after long, twisty descents. Goodness knows how hot they would get if I didn't have alloys...

Does Kevin from ENVY not do some 3G discs or sumthin and then u could just get EBC Greenstuff pads?

Cheers :thumbsup:

That was my plan, until I found that EBC don't do greenstuff pads in my fitment... apparently my Yaris has got funny calipers...

It's the kettle impression that has me in stitches. The most extravagent way to boil brake fluid that I've ever seen!

so whats the offset etc for the corolla? the T-sport that is. there is still some space left inside the 15 inch wheel to get a bigger disk and caliper but not one of those £1700 conversions

The kit on eBay is an excellent kit. It will need 16" to clear. Not sure though If you can add spacers and then install these with 15" wheels.

The brake science is straightforward... the bigger the rotors ... the higher the stopping power.

The bigger the brake pads ... the high the stopping power ... so often you need bigger calipers.

Also, a lot of people go for the big brakes for the bling - bling factor.

are YTS brakes any better than 1.0l brakes?

good question

ill have a look later

Why not see if you can get the front brakes of a toyota levin? they are 275 mill and are a 4 stud fitment :thumbsup:

good question

ill have a look later

I doubt it, I think its just the fact that the YTS has discs all round and not drums on the back that makes it stop quicker and it also has ABS unlike my 1 litre!

so where would i start looking to get some levin brake?

Also that kit on eBay looks good but the dont have the mounting brackets with the kit and that is one thing that will cause head aches.

i dont want to just get green stuff pads and some drilled or grooved disk i want bigger rotors and calipers just need some that are that little bit bigger thatn the YTS

so where would i start looking to get some levin brake?

Also that kit on ebay looks good but the dont have the mounting brackets with the kit and that is one thing that will cause head aches.

i dont want to just get green stuff pads and some drilled or grooved disk i want bigger rotors and calipers just need some that are that little bit bigger thatn the YTS

they do have the brackets

ive seen that kit up close, looks good quality and should drop straight on :thumbsup:

eeer dunno

maybe 16's min????

rotars are 280mm i think?

Just talked to the seller and he confirmed that this kit will fit most 15" or higher rims :thumbsup:

The calipers are excellent quality and very light.

good question

ill have a look later

I doubt it, I think its just the fact that the YTS has discs all round and not drums on the back that makes it stop quicker and it also has ABS unlike my 1 litre!

I thought all Yari had ABS/EBD?

Even the 1 ltrs...

:eek:

I had greenstuff pads and they were :censor:

i now have endless street racing pads, 3g front discs, goodridge braded hoses and motul 5.1 fluid, find this to be a good imrovement in braking and is almost fade free :thumbsup:

ive seen a few big brake conversions but think the ones im interested in will require 17's to fit :eek:

niz