Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Air flow to back seats

petrStone

Hi folks,

sorry I am a new in this forum, but really needs help. I am the owner of car Toyota Auris Hybrid TS HSD manufactured in year 2017.

After 5 years the family is stressed with air flow to back seats. There are no any ventilation holes on back seats.

Can you please help me if it is possible some holes somewhere a bring the air to back seats?

I have heard, that Sweden cars had this ventialtion holes.

Or how to solve it?

Greeting

Petr

Hi, 

as far as I know Auris TS doesn’t have rear seats air vents mounted on end of central console , they may only have air vents mounted under front seats and pointing towards rear passenger footwell. To get fresh air going into these you need to set air flow towards feet on climate control settings. 
Regards 

I have had very few cars with rear ventilation but have found the best way to get air to back seats is to use the centre vents on the dashboard.  Set the sideways direction of airflow of each vent so the airflow is slightly towards the centre, then move the flaps fully up so the air is directed to the roof.  Personally I always use the AC, normally on auto, and don't like the air flow directed at me, I like to ventilate all the interior.

• Like 3

I do that too, set the airflow to pass between the two front seats and slightly up.

Only problem is the vents are recessed on the Mk4 Yaris and the airflow is being spoiled by the headunit slightly.

I am a bit concerned about the long-term health of the bottom of the headunit screen as in summer it gets ice cold from AC and in winter is burning hot due to the heater, as is anything in the tray directly in front of them. Really not a great design; Would have been better to use the acres of un-used space on the top of the dash or put them beneath the tray area so they're flush with the controls.

I can see it would have caused some headscratching tho' - The whole placement of the headunit, with its just-slapped-in-after-the-fact feel, rather than being integrated better with the dash, just makes putting anything in that area problematic.

Not quite sure why airflow worries would cause stress in your family?

There's vents under the front seats, plus the two in the centre of the dash. Yeah, there's no direct vents in the centre console, but that's a relatively new trend that probably serves little purpose. Modern passenger cars are designed to flow enough air through the cabin from front to back and out of vents in the luggage space.

The Corolla TS has vents in the back and my son, who used to complain about the air quality in the back of our previous car, has stopped complaining since we got the Corolla back in January. But this could have other reasons, too, of course 😁

47 minutes ago, MagicBoy said:

Not quite sure why airflow worries would cause stress in your family?

There's vents under the front seats, plus the two in the centre of the dash. Yeah, there's no direct vents in the centre console, but that's a relatively new trend that probably serves little purpose. Modern passenger cars are designed to flow enough air through the cabin from front to back and out of vents in the luggage space.

My family is stressed because of air does not flow.

But, under front seats there are no vents in Czech Republic Auris cars. In the centre console there is not direct vents as well, But I think two small micro vents into 12V supply can solve this problem as well.

In Czech Republic cars are vents under steering wheel, and before front seats. NO under front seats. But it can be enhanced to mount there some quiet micro vents.

Crack the rear windows open?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Obsidian Estate said:

Crack the rear windows open?

The obvious answer.

• Like 1