Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Squeaks from dashboard area

Spo2

Hi all

I have barely sorted rattles now I notice as the temperature has gone up,  some squeaking noise coming from the dashboard area - below the infotainment screen and HVAC control area. This is more prominent on uneven roads and when I press the area below the HVAC, I can hear squeaks. Has anyone had this issue and have they managed to sort this out?

Many thanks,

Sol

None from mine either. 

• Like 1

No squeaks or rattles from mine either.

Interior rear view mirror can vibrate slightly with the bass if I turn the audio up to around 30 ish - its still on the factory set audio settings, haven't played with it yet.

• Like 1

Mine ok now, think the rear rattle was from the seat belt hitting on the hard plastic.

• Like 1

Strangely, the squeaks from dashboard are audible only on sunny days. It is fine on cold days. Can you guys try to press the dashboard areas say when the car has been parked in the sun? 

16 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Strangely, the squeaks from dashboard are audible only on sunny days. It is fine on cold days. Can you guys try to press the dashboard areas say when the car has been parked in the sun? 

Hahah, same with my 12 years old Auris and it’s been like that since day one. Never bothered to try to fix it. More rattle has come from dashboard after air bag recall work, which is normal once dashboard been worked on, however even those they come and go. As long as the car start and go I am ok with little rattling, latest one now from the passenger seat when someone is seated on, perhaps the lube from the rails has dried out, may try to lube one sunny day 👍😉

10 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Hahah, same with my 12 years old Auris and it’s been like that since day one. Never bothered to try to fix it. More rattle has come from dashboard after air bag recall work, which is normal once dashboard been worked on, however even those they come and go. As long as the car start and go I am ok with little rattling, latest one now from the passenger seat when someone is seated on, perhaps the lube from the rails has dried out, may try to lube one sunny day 👍😉

The persistent rattle was one of the reasons that I changed my last car. So basically, one needs to live with it!

4 minutes ago, Spo2 said:

The persistent rattle was one of the reasons that I changed my last car. So basically, one needs to live with it!

Perhaps yes, there are very few cars that has no rattles at all or at least in the first couple of years, Mercedes’ S-Class Bentley, Porsche and the similar, but they are very different cars. 

I've not noticed any squeaks or rattles from mine - sometimes my garage keys do rattle in the front cup holder.

If you want to hear rattles try driving an old forklift, the mast can rattle like a skeleton pleasuring it's self inside a metal dustbin.

• Haha 1

All the cheap hard plastics and lack of insulation don't help. 😟

• Like 1

I checked my dash today in the sun, and still no rattles. If this is of any help, years ago I had a Vauxhall with a squeak in the dash and was told to use a silicone based dash cleaner. This seemed to work and got rid of the problem.

Apparently the different trim material used in the dash can rub against one another causing rattles and squeaks. The silicone in the dash cleaner gets between the different materials and creates a smooth surface which eliminates the noise.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Big_D said:

I checked my dash today in the sun, and still no rattles. If this is of any help, years ago I had a Vauxhall with a squeak in the dash and was told to use a silicone based dash cleaner. This seemed to work and got rid of the problem.

Apparently the different trim material used in the dash can rub against one another causing rattles and squeaks. The silicone in the dash cleaner gets between the different materials and creates a smooth surface which eliminates the noise.

Thanks Bob, gonna try this. 

15 hours ago, Big_D said:

This is good advice to try 👍

Please let me know how you gut=ys get on with this.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links