Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Yaris XP130 Bluetooth pairing failing

mmisch

Hi, since we have this car (Toyota Yaris Mk3 XP130, 2017) the bluetooth pairing sometimes work just  instantly when I start the car and it automatically plays spotify, great. But often it goes as follows:

I start the car, no automatic pairing, so I go on my phone and click "CAR RADIO" and it says "could not connect", sometimes going to Setup>Bluetooth>Pairing and then try to click on CAR AUDIO it works, but not everytime. Sometimes I also need to shut the car off and restart it and then it would work.

Sometimes I also need to delete my phone connection from the radio, and the radio connection from my phone, and then it works.

Is it a problem with my radio or is there a fix for this? Do anyone has this problem also?

P/N 86120-0DC20 

20220403_172213.jpg

16542689818746994879721985589838.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

TBH i don't see many of the base radios, i don't even know if there are any firmware updates available

I've searched the modelnumbers (Toyota's P/N and panasonic's P/N) for maybe updated firmwares but I didn't  found anything. The only thing i found were some eBay ads of these.

What do other Yaris's owners have? The Toyota Touch radio's?

Touch 2 are the most common, in Europe you get the TAS500 as an option but has its limitations

It seems like the TAS500 could be an plug&play replacement/upgrade for the radio I have it seems? 

Aux for me is also an option, but I would like to use the multimedia controls and that is not possible  with the aux, but that bluetooth pairing on this radio is really a PITA most of the times.

4 minutes ago, flash22 said:

Have you tried removing the battery for 10-15 min's and let it reset ?

Yes, like 2/3times, i also removed the radio connectors itself from the back but also doesnt  work.

1 quite weird thing I noticed; when I do take off the negative cable from the Battery, normally the trip meter and radio settings (favorite channels, audio settings etc) do reset, right? But it does not for me, when i plug the negative back in, it's like there was just power even though i removed it.

Ignition etc and power  locks were not working with negative terminal off, just as it should

That means it stores the settings in NVM (Non Volatile Memory)

Does that mean I can't do a proper reset or does it still reset the electronics inside?

you can't do a reset unless you find the hidden menu, i will have a look at the info i have, but it is limited for this radio

So unplugging the radio itself also doesn't  reset it? I tried to find a hidden menu  but didn't succeed. If there are no options left I just have to live with it, since I did not found anything about this radio

Also, bit off-topic, but when u disconnect the Battery, does that still reset learned ecu values or does that also has NVM?, like when u want to relearn throttle body or remove stored values of ECU

Removing the Battery resets the learning, but TPS needs its own calibration (zero point) procedure as it is linked to other systems

Ah okay, the tps was just an example but disconnecting Battery will reset learned values in the ecu, but does not interfere with things that has NVM (radio, trip meter and probably some other things as well)?