Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Has my car had a Hybrid health check or a service called a Hybrid Health Check?

alan333

Hi,

When checking the service history on our recently bought C-HR, Toyota online states it had a "Hybrid Health Check" under the service history category.  I understand a hybrid health check can be done separately to a service, so how do I know if the car had a service or just a HHC?

TIA

Hi

Yes the hybrid check can be done separately but the cost is about £150 as they charge one hour labour charge and workshop time to do the check. 

I have just checked my Service history in the App and it is complete, so? 

It has only just been written up correctly. I would get on to the original garage and get them to up date it.

What I have just noticed is a repair item "insurance arrangement fee". No idea what that is, must ask them. 

At a previous service they replaced a washer motor.  That had been recorded but not the service.  They also omitted the Battery change! 

2 hours ago, Leo63 said:

Hi

Yes the hybrid check can be done separately but the cost is about £150 as they charge one hour labour charge and workshop time to do the check. 

I was quoted £50 for a standalone Hybrid health check only last week.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2022 at 10:42 AM, alan333 said:

I was quoted £50 for a standalone Hybrid health check only last week.

They used to be £45 for a long time, I had completed a few hybrid health checks in the past  from 2015-2018, but since then I had stopped as my car is out of any warranty and no way I can make any future claims for repairs. One guy here does his own service and only take the car for stand alone health checks for the Battery and inverter warranty but his car is newer and lower miles., this is also am option for cars over 5 years old and if you like diy working on your motors. 👍

• Like 2

Interesting Re: hybrid battery/system checks.   I have just moved over from Lexus ownership and have ordered a new CHR.  My understanding is that when a Toyota or Lexus has a routine annual service a Hybrid system check is part of that service, moreover a written certificate is supplied to the owner, no additional costs.   I'm guessing that under the Toyota Relax scheme covering 10 years service history the Hybrid system is continuously covered under this warranty scheme.   I was given a hybrid check certificate on every Lexus service,  is Toyota different?

• Like 1

Check yes, it shows in the App and I believe the Service book.  

Had the first service done on 17th May. This is what's shown on the app :

Screenshot_20220609-185216.thumb.png.73a991cef4cd56d0da525e05f2616240.png

• Thanks 1

On 6/4/2022 at 7:23 PM, alan333 said:

Hi,

When checking the service history on our recently bought C-HR, Toyota online states it had a "Hybrid Health Check" under the service history category.  I understand a hybrid health check can be done separately to a service, so how do I know if the car had a service or just a HHC?

TIA

As Iunder hybrid health check is included in the service but it could be separately done by Toyota for £50.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Had the first service done on 17th May. This is what's shown on the app :

Screenshot_20220609-185216.thumb.png.73a991cef4cd56d0da525e05f2616240.png

This is mine, so it seems it hasn’t been serviced?EC110AB7-F85D-4135-ACAD-64AF847F860E.thumb.png.314818fcb28f282b63066c8d172e4c36.png

On 6/5/2022 at 7:57 AM, Leo63 said:

Hi

Steady on!  The hybrid health check is free at a Toyota dealer if you have a service done, but last year I had the wife’s Auris hybrid serviced outside the Toyota regime but took it to Toyota for the hybrid health check…… £45 inc VAT, that is something like 20 minutes work (maybe even 15 minutes these days).

• Like 1

8 hours ago, alan333 said:

This is mine, so it seems it hasn’t been serviced?EC110AB7-F85D-4135-ACAD-64AF847F860E.thumb.png.314818fcb28f282b63066c8d172e4c36.png

Alan, looks like your vehicle would not have needed it's first service until June 22, ie one year after delivery.

Maybe the Hybrid health check on Jan 22 was the dealer just checking the hybrid system as a result of an issue with the settings, etc ?

22 hours ago, Hybrid21 said:

Alan, looks like your vehicle would not have needed it's first service until June 22, ie one year after delivery.

Maybe the Hybrid health check on Jan 22 was the dealer just checking the hybrid system as a result of an issue with the settings, etc ?

Yes mate that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I've now phoned the main dealer who says it had a service in January. It just seems weird that the app doesn’t mention anything under the same 'maintenance' category that yours does, and it also says our next service is due at 20,000 miles where it was serviced at 7427 miles.

I think I’ll pop into the dealer (who isn't a Toyota dealer any more) and get a printout confirming it had that service.

Thanks for your help 🙂

• Like 1

11 hours ago, alan333 said:

Yes mate that’s what I’m trying to figure out. I've now phoned the main dealer who says it had a service in January. It just seems weird that the app doesn’t mention anything under the same 'maintenance' category that yours does, and it also says our next service is due at 20,000 miles where it was serviced at 7427 miles.

I think I’ll pop into the dealer (who isn't a Toyota dealer any more) and get a printout confirming it had that service.

Thanks for your help 🙂

Wondering why did they do the service - neither it was 1 year nor the vehicle had done 10k then? 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spo2 said:

Wondering why did they do the service - neither it was 1 year nor the vehicle had done 10k then? 

Yes indeed, the service was done 5 months or 2600 miles early.   To give them credit tho, if I were to buy that car with a service due in 2600 miles I’d want it was done before I collected it, or want it done free in a couple of months when actually due.

Maybe it just saves them hassle to do it when they got the car themselves?  Or maybe their workshop was quiet?  Also, the dealership, Arnold Clark, lost the Toyota franchise UK wide at the end of March.  Maybe they wanted a Toyota service as a good selling point?

Maybe the car was a demo Alan, and it was policy to do a service before selling it ?

Either way I wouldn't trust anything Arnold tells you 😕

• Like 1

That’s the interesting fact. The car should have not been serviced or any work done before the 12 months or 10k miles manufacturer schedule. It makes me think there was a an issue perhaps flat 12v Battery or something and they replaced it and carry a hybrid health check to make sure the inverter is working correctly and able to charge the Battery. My advice is to contact the dealer who worked on the car and ask for further information and explain to you all work that has been done and the reason why. Almost certainly the car has not been serviced (oil and filter change). 

• Like 2

The dealer says it had an oil and filter change at the January date, and I have a Hybrid Health Check stamp in the service booklet (which I’d forgotten we even had), so I guess I should be covered for any warranty issues.

I think I’ll pop into the dealer and get a printout of what they did just to have belt and braces.

• Like 2

Don't think there's anything to worry about Alan, your 5 year warranty will be ok 👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hybrid21 said:

Don't think there's anything to worry about Alan, your 5 year warranty will be ok 👍

Just missed the 5 year warranty mate, ours are 3 years 😕 (but obviously we can keep it intact for up to 10 years by getting services at Toyota in due course).

• Like 1